HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:45 am

Yeah, I've come to the realization that Toad, Rev, and I won't be playing together. I've got you covered, Alpha. We'll get a game in soon. I'm slow going.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:46 am

bdwright77 wrote:
Yeah, I've come to the realization that Toad, Rev, and I won't be playing together. I've got you covered, Alpha. We'll get a game in soon. I'm slow going.

Fistbump!

Ghey!

Robe & Wizard Hat

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:03 am

So I leveled up my guy twice last night. I put both points into Strength... as a Knight, what should I put points into for the next 10 levels or so?

I figured Strength to start so I can use better weapons when I find them, but I don't want to neglect my hit points or other important things. scratch

Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:04 am

I thought I read somewhere where the multi playing component will not have the limitations of players needing to be in the range of the same level. I could be wrong and I guess we'll find out at some point...

PSN - kekborg
XBL - kekborg
wii - 3936 1747 6777 5424
Mario Kart - 3781-9904-0357
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:10 am

I'm a very large pyromancer. I chose goddess's blessing as my gift and accidentally used two out of the three before getting out of the first hallway because I was pressing PS3 Square before knowing what it did.

I have a fire ball spell as a pyromancer. It works well against the skeletons in the graveyard but you have to have good timing. If you get them while their shields are down it does a lot of damage. And I don't have enough casts for all of them. I discovered that you can make a benny hill run through there without fighting them. I got the shield and spear that way but I don't have enough dexterity to wield the spear.

I fell to my death several times last night while running from skeletons or just bumbling around. The new jump move is a nice addition but I'm concerned about jumping to my death too many times while trying jumps that weren't inteded to be jumpable.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:20 am

BTW, this is one pretty game!

High res textures, far draw distances, and really moody. DS was ok, but DKS takes it to a new level.

mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:32 am

Not sure if I hit enter so I will post again:

I am a thief. I took the witch ring because it says that it does nothing.

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:41 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
Not sure if I hit enter so I will post again:

I am a thief. I took the witch ring because it says that it does nothing.

You did Mule... over in the "Covenants" thread. Cool

But thanks for letting us know again.

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:41 am

By the way guys, Mule is a Thief and he took the Witch ring. study

Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:45 am

Too many threads. You guys remember the good old days of one thread that unites them all?

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:47 am

Guys, I heard Mule is a thief, and he took the witch ring because it doesn't do anything!

study

mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:08 am

I don't feel that great. Had some nausea and diarrhea about 4 times so far this morning. Fortunately it is only a half day and I am going home now to play Dark Souls.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
I don't feel that great. Had some nausea and diarrhea about 4 times so far this morning. Fortunately it is only a half day and I am going home now to play Dark Souls.

When you do get home, try playing a Thief. There's some dude here that made one and chose the witch ring. Hope you feel better soon Mule!

Mule

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:28 am

It's good to build STR and DEX first (so that you'll be able to wield more weapons), then focus on VIT and END (to get your HP and Stamina up). After you've got those attributes at a reasonable level, go for the specialization.

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 Frankthetoad
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:38 am

What is a reasonable level? i.e. should I get both STR and DEX up to 20? 30? 50? before adding points into VIT and END?

I also need the stats for using miracles too... I want to be able to use heal spells!

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:19 pm

Alpha, I'd just get your strength up to a level high enough to use a weapon you want. Dexterity is going to help you move around, Vitality is going to up your HPs, which will come in handy, and Endurance is going to allow you to take more hits against the shield, roll/sprint more often, and give you a higher equip burden- for when you get some sweet heavy armor.

The main thing is not to waste your levels. If you don't plan on using any magic, don't do anything with intelligence. If you're not going to use any miracles, don't mess with faith. I know both of those things help out with defenses against certain attacks, but I wouldn't amp them up just for that.

But that's just me. I've been putting points in Strength, Dexterity, Endurance, and Vitality in nearly equal measure.

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 Frankthetoad
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Gotcha... I think I'll get my STR to 20 then focus on Endurance for a bit.

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Here is a great quote from the Wiki weapons description page:

Quote :
Wriggling snakes who prey on large single edged knife rusty sword castle blood centers

Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:32 pm

toadthefrank wrote:
Alpha, I'd just get your strength up to a level high enough to use a weapon you want. Dexterity is going to help you move around, Vitality is going to up your HPs, which will come in handy, and Endurance is going to allow you to take more hits against the shield, roll/sprint more often, and give you a higher equip burden- for when you get some sweet heavy armor.

The main thing is not to waste your levels. If you don't plan on using any magic, don't do anything with intelligence. If you're not going to use any miracles, don't mess with faith. I know both of those things help out with defenses against certain attacks, but I wouldn't amp them up just for that.

But that's just me. I've been putting points in Strength, Dexterity, Endurance, and Vitality in nearly equal measure.

For now...

The other attributes do effect some weapon upgrade paths, but it's for down the road if you built your character into a wall, or planned on going for a specific weapon.

In DS for example, I had a magic character that was hugely stacked to be quick, and have crazy powerful magic stats. He sucked at melee mostly... except for the fact that I built him with a crescent +5 Uchigatana in mind. That upgrade path was normal except that it deal huge damage bonuses from the magic stat. Ended up building two of them, and with good Dex and he'd get in 5-6 blows at 600HP a piece!

Just something to keep in mind when you get to a level to specify. I also wouldn't waste stones on upgrade until you have an idea of how you want to build out your character, otherwise you'll be farming for them even more. There's usually one or two specific upgrade paths you can at least start on, before all of them branch off.

Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Tonight was supposed to be my "free" night of the week. Only activity would had been my daughters soccer scrimmage (which gets done around 6:30). This would had left me with all sorts of dks playing time.

Got the email last night. Basketball practice for my oldest from 7:30 to 8:45...tonight.

fml.

PSN - kekborg
XBL - kekborg
wii - 3936 1747 6777 5424
Mario Kart - 3781-9904-0357
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Kekborg wrote:
Tonight was supposed to be my "free" night of the week. Only activity would had been my daughters soccer scrimmage (which gets done around 6:30). This would had left me with all sorts of dks playing time.

Got the email last night. Basketball practice for my oldest from 7:30 to 8:45...tonight.

fml.

All worth it I'm sure. Until I was older, I never really stopped to think about my mom's schedule and how awesome she was for driving all three of her kids around to various activities for all of those years. Very Happy

I level at a snail's pace because I want to explore every corner and break every vase/bookshelf/hope chest. So I'm sure you'll still be several levels ahead of me!

Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:03 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
Kekborg wrote:

fml.

All worth it I'm sure. Until I was older, I never really stopped to think about my mom's schedule and how awesome she was for driving all three of her kids around to various activities for all of those years. Very Happy

I level at a snail's pace because I want to explore every corner and break every vase/bookshelf/hope chest. So I'm sure you'll still be several levels ahead of me!

psn: matzira
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Mark Sporto wrote:
AlphaShepherd wrote:
Kekborg wrote:

fml.

Cheers! <--- wild blueberry ale toast!

psn: matzira
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:16 pm

hahaha. I'll cheers that!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Dark Souls-
Jump to: