The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

House of Wolves

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

House of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: House of Wolves   House of Wolves EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:18 am

So apparently there isn't going to be a new raid in House of Wolves. A lot of people are going to be upset about this

Quote :
House of Wolves will not have a Raid activity. We didn't make this decision lightly. Our team has been humbled by the reception of Raids in Destiny and we are creating a new Raid for a release later this year. House of Wolves will have a new cooperative end game activity focused on variety, replayability, and skill – a new battle Arena called The Prison of Elders.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12764

I'm still looking forward to HoW but I can see them losing a lot of people by not including a raid.

As for any future updates I'll take a wait and see approach before I decide if I want to buy any more DLC.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

House of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Wolves   House of Wolves EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:31 am

Here's some more info.

http://planetdestiny.com/house-wolves-raid-arena/

Quote :
Guardians have been clamoring for an endurance test à la “horde mode” since the dawn of the game and, absent any information to the contrary, a “battle Arena” seems the most likely venue in which to deliver this PvE mode.

Quote :
With that said, what can we expect from the Prison of Elders? We have a lot of questions and not a lot of answers, but we do know it’ll be limited to 3 players instead of 6.

Quote :
Reddit user Themiffins thinks it may be something akin to Crusaders’ Coliseum from WoW, a raid that takes place in an arena setting, essentially fighting waves of bosses. It would make sense, seeing as the Prison of Elders is known to contain many royals from the House of Wolves. Perhaps we’ll be fighting them, with the final boss being a Prime Servitor?
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

House of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Wolves   House of Wolves EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 1:41 pm

I assume they don't want to make everybody's Crota raid gear useless this quickly, as they did with VoG gear, so they've decided to hold off for now. If they're simply delaying the raid because it's not ready, I'm all for that and appreciate it.

I'm hoping they break MMO trends and figure out a new way to get new armor in our hands, without invalidating everything prior. One idea I had, is to find a way to allow people to upgrade old raid armor to current defense values, while adding new gear with minimal perk reroll capabilities, like a slimmed down version of IB weapon rerolls.

Either way, I'm already in too, since I purchased the full pack when Destiny first released.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

House of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Wolves   House of Wolves EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:15 am

Quote :
Looks like they dropped new content.. Petra is at the Tower (queen) and they appear to be releasing daily bounties to hunt down things to give people a chance to get to lvl 2 queen. for HoW stuff.. go to tower and visit Petra and pickup some stuffs.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

House of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Wolves   House of Wolves EmptyWed May 20, 2015 1:41 pm

The new house of wolves strike that we played last night is pretty intense. Level 32 strike and they fixed an old cheese method of staying too far back and sniping (at least in the last section of it).

It was definitely fun. Can't wait to try out Prison of Elders. The only downside I see to this update is that there are no 6 player fire teams.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

House of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Wolves   House of Wolves EmptyWed May 20, 2015 2:17 pm

I enjoyed getting back into the game. I should try again tonight in a more sober fashion. I need to get some etheric lights!
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
Smitty

House of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Wolves   House of Wolves EmptyWed May 20, 2015 4:07 pm

I played a little last night. I could be convinced to play again tonight if you're playing the new stuff. I'm still level 29...f**king shards.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

House of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Wolves   House of Wolves EmptyThu May 21, 2015 9:48 am

Did you know you can buy shards and a few other things now? The speaker has these items.

Here is how the upcoming material exchange will work. When the House Of Wolves is released, you will be able to go to the Speaker to swap materials at the following rates:

Ascendant Shard
Cost:
50 Glimmer
1 Ascendant Energy

Ascendant Energy
Cost:
50 Glimmer
1 Ascendant Shard

Radiant Shard
Cost:
50 Glimmer
1 Radiant Energy

Radiant Energy
Cost:
50 Glimmer
1 Radiant Shard

Mote of Light
Cost:
2 Ascendant Shards
Or
2 Radiant Shards

Glimmer (250)
Cost:
1 Ascendant Shard
Or
1 Radiant Shard
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

House of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Wolves   House of Wolves EmptyThu May 21, 2015 9:50 am

I had a lot of connection issues last night. I was able to play a bit but eventually I was constantly getting the "Contacting Destiny Servers" message and called it a night.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

House of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Wolves   House of Wolves EmptyThu May 21, 2015 11:20 am

Damn, if I can get my hands on shards that easy I can jump from 29 to 32.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

House of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Wolves   House of Wolves EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:43 pm

Eris moon (also in the tower) sells items but it takes a while to rank her up to 4 at which point you can buy Radiant Shards/Energy. So the speaker is the way to go now.

Last edited by eclipz on Thu May 21, 2015 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

House of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Wolves   House of Wolves EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Sweet, I'll check that out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

House of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Wolves   House of Wolves Empty

Back to top Go down

House of Wolves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Destiny-
Jump to: