HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Raiders of the Vault of Glass

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:49 pm

You do. I should be on all night, so let me know if you have a spot. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:10 am

Thanks again for the Atheon cheese. Loving my Monte Carlo!

By the way, 45 minutes later I got another exotic auto rifle, Hard Light, as a Vanguard Tiger Strike reward. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:21 am

You're killing me. I need to look up the Monte Carlo. I know nothing about it.

I'll say one thing- the Raid on Hard is no joke. Level 30 harpies are a bitch.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Good Raid Walkthrough.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/destiny/247017-destiny-vault-glass-raid-walkthrough.html

Essentially we had it down but this will help as a refresher for guardian placement and assignments. It's also been mentioned before but the amount of damage your weapon can do is critical. Anything that can be done to take down enemies faster will help since I think where we get stuck is at the points we get overrun by the number of enemies they're throwing at us.

frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:14 pm

I really think I need to get away from Pulse Rifles. I just don't think they're as accurate and powerful. I'd really like to roll with a scout rifle, but don't want to waste the marks buying a legendary one from the Quartermaster. I guess we'll see how it goes tonight.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:02 pm

I have a feeling as we max out our weapons and gear over the next couple weeks we'll be able to handle a hard Raid. I'm shooting for a end of November/early December timeline. LOL

I have a fully upgraded Visions of Confluence and Icebreaker. Working on my new raid chest piece this week and will finish upgrading my legendary boots. That would put me at 117 light.

If a 2 or 3 of us get some lucky drops and can make it to 30 it will help a lot.

mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:42 pm

I did the raid tonight. I got a random invite from a guy I had played starhawk with once or twice. It took several hours. I got some loot but didn't have time to check it all out as I knew I was going to get yelled at. I was absolutely clueless as to what I was suppose to be doing. "Go left!" "Go to the center!" "Don't open that chest!" It was all very stressful.

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:45 am

Did you finish the entire raid? Beat the Templar? Get past the Gorgons? Jump across the platforms? Beat Atheon?

"Don't open that chest" was probably after beating the Templar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:58 am

Yes, I think it was the entire raid.  When I joined they were doing something about building a spire.  I did the jump across thing.  I felt bad because it took me several times and they were waiting (these are people I don't really know).  I just followed them in the hide from the dudes (Gorgons?) part and we did that pretty easily.  

The chest thing I did not really understand, but it sounding like if I opened it then there were other chest we could not get.  I think they said that chest would just give spirit blooms or something.  

We beat atheon which was actually one of the easier aspects.  Probably the hardest part was going through the portals to get the relics before getting to atheon.  I did not really understand what the hell was happening at that point.  

Then when we got to atheon I would get sucked into the other world and go blind and then need a colon cleansing.  Then I would run through a portal and people would yell "make a hard right." which did not make much sense to me either.  The first time they told me to go right, when it actually was suppose to be left. That one was on them.  

There are so many intricacies to it, I can see how it would take 12 hours without someone showing the way or watching youtube videos.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:07 am

I think it's been proven that you can open up that chest after the Templar. Not opening it doesn't increase your odds of getting better gear.

We also managed to get 6 guys together with a couple newcomers. My attempts at describing what we needed to do at each area was hilarious. I kept mixing stages up. Luckily Bytehoven was there. He also has a good radio voice. LOL

Bytehoven also mentioned that there is an area on the right side of the templar area where the two guardians watching the right conflux can go to wait out the legions. Toad knows where this is now. That significantly helps as there isn't 6 of us trying to get into the cave now.

On normal we made it all the way to the gatekeepers in the final area before people had to log off. I'd say it was a fairly smooth run.

eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:12 am

Mule, good job on beating Atheon. I'm pretty sure I have yet to beat him legitimately. Do you remember how many times guys got sucked into a portal before you took all his health down? Where they using "weapons of light" (purple force shell, that give you 35% damage boost)?

mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:18 am

I am not sure which weapons everyone was using. I was using a legendary pulse rifle and getting 400 hit points if I hit him in the right spot. I think it took 3-5 times through the portal to kill him. A couple of the guys mentioned that it went fairly quick.

I need to watch some videos to understand better what I was actually doing.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:19 am

Will I now have access to the different sections of the raid? Or will I always start from the beginning?

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:31 am

That's impressive completing the raid on your first try. It's extremely intricate and I'm still learning things after several times through it.

The raid resets weekly on Tuesday. You can play the raid multiple times per week but you will only get loot from the loot chests on your first play each week. There are checkpoints within the raid so that you can quit in the middle and restart at the checkpoint another time. However your checkpoint gets deleted on the weekly reset. And you lose your checkpoint after beating Atheon. I believe there are separate checkpoints for the Normal and Hard raid (meaning you can keep your progress in each). And I believe some of the loot chests are separate in the Normal and Hard raid. That means that if you get all the chests in the Normal raid then some of them will produce loot once more in the Hard raid.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:36 am

I think I am going to try to do it solo now. study

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:40 am

Building the spire is the first step -- so you did the entire raid.

That spirit bloom chest is no big deal. It does only contain spirit bloom so you're not missing out on anything. But I don't think opening it has any consequences either. Just do what everyone else does.

Do the platform section with Snoots and that will make you feel better about it. There is a way for Warlocks to glide across the chasm without using any of the disappearing platforms. Maybe Hunters too but I'm not sure about Titans. I'll show you someday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:02 am

Last night the AVS guys showed us a ledge on the right of the Templar section you can sit out the Summoning Legions part, rather than making your way to the spirit bloom hidey-hole cave. Made it much, much easier.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:18 am

This is pretty impressive. You guys may have already seen it. They work very well together. Something tells me they have done this close to a hundred times.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:59 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
Last night the AVS guys showed us a ledge on the right of the Templar section you can sit out the Summoning Legions part, rather than making your way to the spirit bloom hidey-hole cave.  Made it much, much easier.

I wonder if it's the same ledge I shot the back-left oracle from. It's like three jumps up and above the back-right oracle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:30 pm

No, it's immediately to the right of the right tunnel entrance on the right. I suspect only kkrambo will know WTF I'm talking about. You drop straight down. No jumping. It's a very small ledge, but two people can fit there and it's extremely easy to get into.

NO DANCING! I suspect it would knock one of us off the edge.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Conspiracy from AVS:

Gotta work on your nade' placement toad Smile

Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:40 pm

kkrambo wrote:
frankthetoad wrote:
Last night the AVS guys showed us a ledge on the right of the Templar section you can sit out the Summoning Legions part, rather than making your way to the spirit bloom hidey-hole cave.  Made it much, much easier.

I wonder if it's the same ledge I shot the back-left oracle from.  It's like three jumps up and above the back-right oracle.

That be a good spot too. Would have been nice to know about that the other night when you had to run from those snipers and hoards.

Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:44 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
Yes, I think it was the entire raid.  When I joined they were doing something about building a spire.  I did the jump across thing.  I felt bad because it took me several times and they were waiting (these are people I don't really know).  I just followed them in the hide from the dudes (Gorgons?) part and we did that pretty easily.  

The chest thing I did not really understand, but it sounding like if I opened it then there were other chest we could not get.  I think they said that chest would just give spirit blooms or something.  

We beat atheon which was actually one of the easier aspects.  Probably the hardest part was going through the portals to get the relics before getting to atheon.  I did not really understand what the hell was happening at that point.  

Then when we got to atheon I would get sucked into the other world and go blind and then need a colon cleansing.  Then I would run through a portal and people would yell "make a hard right." which did not make much sense to me either.  The first time they told me to go right, when it actually was suppose to be left. That one was on them.  

There are so many intricacies to it, I can see how it would take 12 hours without someone showing the way or watching youtube videos.

Thats awesome man! It's pretty addicting and feels like a totally different game due to the strategy needed, having to coordinate, and doing some objective type stuff.

If you have some time, this goes through the whole raid and gives some tips. It'll probably help since you've already been through it and can relate what its talking about.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/destiny/247017-destiny-vault-glass-raid-walkthrough.html

NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:51 pm

TyrantII wrote:
Conspiracy from AVS:

Gotta work on your nade' placement toad Smile

I have to think that the first throw through his legs was a lucky shot...but maybe not!

What I know now that I didn't know before- you can throw the grenade right at his chest (or anywhere on his body) and he'll still walk away from it. Up until a few days ago, I thought you had to put it in front of him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:11 pm

ShareFactory is pretty slick.  Look what I can do.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   

Back to top Go down

Raiders of the Vault of Glass
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Destiny-
Jump to: