The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bloodborne

Go down 
+4
Re-volution
TyrantII
frankthetoad
kkrambo
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Bloodborne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:47 pm

Bloody brilliant! Did you even have to ask?
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:49 pm

I heard load times are looooong. Are they faster on the digital or disc version...or the same? I prefer the digital version for convenience if it's a game I don't plan on trading in soon.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Don't Die = No load times

Simple
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Quote :
Bloodborne is set to get a patch to improve its performance, Sony has announce.

The company has issue a statement to IGN explaining it hopes to reduce loading times and improve other elements too.

"The development team is currently exploring another patch for Bloodborne, seeking ways to improve load time duration, in addition to other performance optimisations and miscellaneous bug fixes," it reads. "We will provide more information as soon as possible."
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 2:12 pm

Even disc based games install to the hard drive and run from there. So I would guess that load times wouldn't vary for the digital version.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 7:52 pm

Load times are long, but only after you die. It gives you the necessary time to scream expletives and catch your breath.
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 4:19 pm

I'm returning this game tonight.

I'd like to preface this by stating that I've never played any of the previous games, such as Demon Souls or any of the Dark Souls games. I can sense how amazing Bloodborne's potential is, but there's just way too much BS for me to let slide.

LOVE

• Combat seems outstanding.
  • Enemies are extremely varied, fluid and at times unpredictable.
  • The graphics are great.

HATE

• 100 notes on the ground throughout Hunter's Dream, teaching me game mechanics? No thanks, you lazy pricks. Give me a proper tutorial please.
  • My first weapon, gun, and core items are on the ground in Hunter's Dream, with no obvious indicators? Seriously?
  • Zero tutorial means I had absolutely no idea how to approach combat. You guys may have jumped right in if you played any of the previous games, but as a novice this was really a massive roadblock for me. I died, a lot, meaning I fought the same groups of enemies, a lot. Sigh.
  • I feel dumb about this one, but it honestly took a phone call to my little brother to figure out that a fricking tombstone teleport is the way out of Hunter's Dream.
  • I made it all the way to the first boss, and died, quickly. Apparently, I missed some shortcut gate somewhere because it spawned me in Hunter's Dream, so I had to start from the Central Yarnham lamp and had to kill every single stupid enemy again. Sorry, but we're in 2015. If I die at the boss, just respawn me at the boss, dicks.
  • After a few hours of play, I only had 1 insight. I tried summoning little bro into my game to help, shared password and all, but it failed. I waited a few minutes then decided to continue adventuring, then I died, then my beckoning bell was gone, as was my insight.

I hear it's taking most people 30-40 hours to beat Bloodborne. I think that's what pisses me off the most, that this is really just an 8-10 hour game that is artificially inflated to 30-40 hours with it's unforgiving (and unacceptable) death mechanism.

F this game.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 4:52 pm

imloungin wrote:

HATE

• 100 notes on the ground throughout Hunter's Dream, teaching me game mechanics? No thanks, you lazy pricks. Give me a proper tutorial please.
  • My first weapon, gun, and core items are on the ground in Hunter's Dream, with no obvious indicators? Seriously?
  • Zero tutorial means I had absolutely no idea how to approach combat. You guys may have jumped right in if you played any of the previous games, but as a novice this was really a massive roadblock for me. I died, a lot, meaning I fought the same groups of enemies, a lot. Sigh.
  • I feel dumb about this one, but it honestly took a phone call to my little brother to figure out that a fricking tombstone teleport is the way out of Hunter's Dream.
  • I made it all the way to the first boss, and died, quickly. Apparently, I missed some shortcut gate somewhere because it spawned me in Hunter's Dream, so I had to start from the Central Yarnham lamp and had to kill every single stupid enemy again. Sorry, but we're in 2015. If I die at the boss, just respawn me at the boss, dicks.
  • After a few hours of play, I only had 1 insight. I tried summoning little bro into my game to help, shared password and all, but it failed. I waited a few minutes then decided to continue adventuring, then I died, then my beckoning bell was gone, as was my insight.

I hear it's taking most people 30-40 hours to beat Bloodborne. I think that's what pisses me off the most, that this is really just an 8-10 hour game that is artificially inflated to 30-40 hours with it's unforgiving (and unacceptable) death mechanism.

F this game.

Everything you hate is what I LOVE about the souls series.  I mean, this is the freaking loading screen:

Bloodborne - Page 2 CA9cwSmUkAAv-B0

No tips, no BS, no flashing neon signs congratulating you.  Love it.

It def does not hold your hand, but as you've noticed it rewards those that stick with it with discovery of very deep mechanics.  It punishes you for button mashing and for dying.  The "story" itself isn't even so much a character driven story, but a lore driven one.  You play the hunter dropped in the world, and have to discover through NPCs, items, and conflict just whats up.  Just mastering one weapon might take you 40 hours, let alone all of them.  Then there's the Coop, Chalice dungeon, and NG+.

Not for all, but don't get frustrated about getting your frooty booty kicked at first.  It's part of the experience, retraining the COD right out of a generation of players!  

cheers
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 5:00 pm

All of their games are like this and is what many love about them. Me included.
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 5:00 pm

I'm not looking for hand holding. I'm looking for some basic civility and some common sense on the developer's part.

If it wasn't for the little bit of guidance my brother provided, I would have been even further behind, and even more frustrated with the game. I feel like the only reason most people are comfortable with Bloodborne is because they've either played the series before, or have watched lots of Youtube videos.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 6:11 pm

I spent hours on the Demons Souls wiki researching weapons and planning upgrade paths.

This game isn't a weekend experience, it's a slow methodical burn. We were all there once.  Demons Souls was probably worse and less refined, and a little known Japanese game at the time (not much literature).

We'll be updating the tips thread for the long haul, which should help somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 10:24 am

Your reason for ditching this game was exactly my reason for never getting thru Demon Souls on PS3. I didn't commit to it and never got far enough in to be good at it, but I absolutely saw the potential. I'm going to give this one another try so I can experience the greatness that everyone obviously sees in this game once getting fully immersed into it. Tonight will be my first time playing it, and I imagine I will be frustrated and raging with hate. Hopefully that passes and I begin to appreciate and enjoy it as so many do.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 10:31 am

Bloodborne feels much more like Demon's Souls than Dark Souls (I or II), in my opinion. And that's a fantastic thing. The little bird baths being similar to the broken archways in the Nexus, the Doll, the very weighty feel of opening doors....

But...and this is the awesome part...there is no magic (yet...), no shields (worth using), and the combat is FAST. What's more, this game wants you to get close and STAY there. The health regain system after being damaged by an enemy is genius.

The game is creepy as hell. I nearly crapped my pants last night after being attacked by one of those floundering crows I didn't see.

The co-op works perfectly and is amazing. And for Destiny fans--there is a sit gesture!!!
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 10:57 am

Smitty wrote:
Your reason for ditching this game was exactly my reason for never getting thru Demon Souls on PS3. I didn't commit to it and never got far enough in to be good at it, but I absolutely saw the potential. I'm going to give this one another try so I can experience the greatness that everyone obviously sees in this game once getting fully immersed into it. Tonight will be my first time playing it, and I imagine I will be frustrated and raging with hate. Hopefully that passes and I begin to appreciate and enjoy it as so many do.

Just need to take it slow and realize you're not meant to fight your way through every enemy (at the start), or even mobs.  Peel them off, run away, find and unlock short cuts to make traversal quicker and easier, and explore (but be ready to turn back if you get in too deep). A great example is you can stumble upon the second boss before the first if you go too far.

If you get to the first boss, win or lose you get the ability to summon COOP help.  If you get the summoning bell, I can help in the early areas.

I'll be on around 7ish and playing late tonight.  Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 11:15 am

Once I'm able to summon help, I'll definitely be looking to do that. In my short time with Demon Souls, the few times I had 2 or 3 guys helping me defeat bosses was the most fun I had with it.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 1:38 pm

I gotta get back into this game. I took a couple weeks off to finish DA:I, which I finally did last week. But now my PS4 is acting up...some issue with the power source causing it to randomly cut off all the time. $150 to get Sony to fix it...
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 4:20 pm

After putting this down for two years, I finally got the plat. I know you all really, really wanted to know that.

kthxbai
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloodborne
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2