HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Destiny

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:05 pm

The Beta starts tomorrow.  I haven't got a 9-digit beta code for my preorder from the PlayStation Store.  But on the Destiny Beta FAQ it says that
Destiny Beta FAQ wrote:
If you pre-ordered digitally from the PlayStation Store, you do not require a Destiny Beta code.
So I went ahead and created my Bungie account using my PlayStation network account and it automatically linked the accounts and followed all my PSN friends who already had Bungie accounts.  Pretty slick.

The beta download codes are supposed to be emailed tomorrow.  So go create your Bungie account if you haven't already done so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:09 pm

The companion app is available in the Google Play Store now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:27 pm

I've set up the NOM Clan on the Bungie website.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/118959

Search for NOM Clan.

Quote :
Your first step beyond the creation of your clan will be to recruit your first three members. Once you can boast a roster of four, your Clan will appear in game and become eligible for rewards.

I couldn't find anywhere to invite people to the clan.

BTW, I pre-ordered the Digital Guardian Edition through the PS Store.

Last edited by eclipz on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snoots
Dickpickle

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:37 pm

Sent clan request
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Accepted and I've promoted you and Krambo to "Administration". LOL

You should be able to mess around in the clan settings now.

The site works really well and like Krambo mentioned ties into the PS Network nicely.

Last edited by eclipz on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:43 pm

There is a neat feature where you can have an alliance with another group. Not sure what that does but there is an AVS group although I don't recognize anyone from it.

Beans
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:07 pm

I kinda want to play ..... Sad

PSN: frank_and_beans|XBL:TheKrazyKarl|Bnet: Krazy #760
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD23
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Buy a PS4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD23

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:37 pm

I wish signing up for the Beta required less than 38 separate steps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:14 pm

The Destiny Beta download is available in the PlayStation Store but the PlayStation Network is getting hammered and appears to be down.

Greatness awaits for PSN services to be restored.  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Yeah, I've been checking in frequently and still can't sign in.

Edit: Downloading the beta now. I found it in the web store under the general game page. There is link to the beta under the Pre-order button.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ca/games/destiny/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DESTINYTHEGAME01

And Twitch is streaming the beta live right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

snoots
Dickpickle

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:08 pm

I saw PDISS on and I kept trying and was successful so far game is solid for me. mostly playing by myself with some areas having other players in the match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:02 pm

I have extra beta codes. I think Bungie gave everyone extra codes so there should be plenty available. Let me know if you want one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:10 pm

I'll take one if no one else wants it. Don't have much time to play, and not sure I want to play too much either (don't want to get burnt out before the fall)

Games is awesome though. Are there more areas than the alpha?

Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:47 pm

If the beta code works for ps3 I'll take one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:41 am

The extra beta code I have is for the PS4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:47 am

I missed the alpha so last night was my first time with Destiny. I was impressed. It looks and sounds great. The controls are good (although that mouse-like pointer in the menus takes some getting used to). The shooting and aiming feels good and natural. Voice chat, inviting and joining all worked flawlessly. It's very polished. And it was pretty fun too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:54 am

Colour me impressed. I was playing with R2-JD for a bit last night. The beta looks really polished and things seems better organized than Borderlands. Looking forward to the full game.

R2 mentioned it last night and I would agree that they should have left the cut scenes out of the beta. It would have been nice watching those for the first time on release date. The only other issue I had was one network connection loss. It dumped me back to the main screen saying I lost connection with the bungie servers. I was able to get back into the game relatively quickly though.

Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:03 pm

kkrambo wrote:
The extra beta code I have is for the PS4.

Still got it? I'll take it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImdJenk
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Ok, I caved and bought a PS4! Clan request sent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snoots
Dickpickle

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:45 am

I added you last night you should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:05 pm

eclipz wrote:
Colour me impressed. I was playing with R2-JD for a bit last night. The beta looks really polished and things seems better organized than Borderlands. Looking forward to the full game.

R2 mentioned it last night and I would agree that they should have left the cut scenes out of the beta. It would have been nice watching those for the first time on release date. The only other issue I had was one network connection loss. It dumped me back to the main screen saying I lost connection with the bungie servers. I was able to get back into the game relatively quickly though.

Thanks Krambo!

The alpha didn't include them, and so far it only looks like the first two story and the intro were included.  For us alpha players it's nice to see the progression.  There's more content in this beta, Alpha only had a different story mission and a Devils Lair strike in addition to the wizard mission.  Haven't played it yet, but apparently they heeded the Alpha whining and nerfed the Sepkis fight.  We can never have nice things apprently, everything must be ground down and be easy and the same.

Alpha had a lot more rare (green) loot, especially weapons so looks like the made them rarer or just disabled them in the beta; but the quantity of drops and refreshes was the same.  Thats sort of what I was talking about in the huddle, they don't spam you will all the useless or marginally better loot like Borderlands did, which I didn't like.

Crucible (competitive MP) is opened once you reach the rank with your special power and visit a guy in the tower.  Weapons stats are normalized (all the same within same class) to make it more fair, but the sub-upgrades for power, scopes, and reload do cross over.  So as long as you have the weapon class and its upgraded it does the same as anyone else, just looks different. There a separate crucible mode oping up today at 5PM EST for a few hours where loot stats are allowed in MP

Grouped up with Snoots for a few last night and if you're chatting through the in-game VOIP (not PSN partychat) it sounds like it puts a weird tech-reverb filter over it (similar to what they did with Dinklages VA).  It's also positional like proxy chat, but you can always hear a fireteam mate (unlike proxy chat).  Positional makes it a lot easier to pinpoint a buddy calling for help.

NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Not playing. Figure it will either spoil the game or make me bored with it faster.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImdJenk
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:50 pm

Played very little last night because the install took over an hour! I bet XONE doesn't have that problem lol. I did the the first two stories with my lil bro and we did come across a minor issue. Our voice chat was fine until I backed out to the XMB and came back into the game the voice chat broke. Going to jump on now and try to explore the Tower some more and customize my load out. So far, so good! The first person element is top notch as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:26 pm

I was watching a movie on Amazon Prime last night and when I went to the XMB then back, my movie controls didn't work.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   

Back to top Go down

Destiny
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Destiny-
Jump to: