HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Destiny

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:26 pm

This alpha is pretty incredible. Played for nearly 2 hours with snoots and JP. Not a hint of lag, perfect chat, great graphics and audio, and fun gameplay.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD23
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:58 pm

If this is considered Alpha, BF4 didn't make it to Alpha until sometime in December.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:12 pm

I was planning to order the digital version from the PS Store so I went ahead and did so this afternoon but they haven't sent an alpha code.  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:34 pm

Pre-order on Amazon and cancel after you get the code. You'll also immediately be given a beta code.

Also, if you use Gmail, make sure to check your Promotions box...that's where my code was.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm not too concerned about the Alpha. But I Googled and it sounds like the PS Store may be fumbling the Beta codes too. They haven't been sending out the codes that allow you to register for the Beta at Bungie's site.

When MLB14 released in May, the PS Store was supposed to have it available at midnight but it didn't become available until the store updated in the evening. Based on their track record it's not looking good for them to have Destiny pre-loadable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingShorty
Titty Sprinkles

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:51 pm

I have an extra code.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:41 pm

I got a random alpha code from amazon today. I guess they know I am a wicked good gamer.

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:05 pm

I think I'm gonna skip the beta so I don't get sick of the earlier areas. Game is really good, sort of a more focused borderlands it seems (without the comedy). The AI also seems to have just the right combination of being cannon fodder and using cover / flanking.

Was a huge fan of Halo, but this is different enough from a straight FPS to get my attention. Coop is a big selling point.

NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:44 pm

The one area got a little stale pretty quickly on the one day I played. I know there will be many more locations at launch, but it did get a little repetitive. I kept wondering why I needed to collect bone dust and leaves.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:24 pm

Seemed to me you trade it in at the hub for other currencies and leveling.  Every 20 can be traded in to a few of the merchants for valor(?) rank and currency.

You already saw all the locations?  The map they give us is pretty damn large.  There's jut not much to do besides the sub-mission beacons and most enemies are around level 6 so easily dispatched.

Edit: Someone on GAF mentioned this is only 3% of the release game content.

Last edited by TyrantII on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD23

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:07 pm

I'm impressed with what I've played so far.  The feel and concept is best described as Borderlands +.  The graphics are decent, but not particularly stunning; however, the game runs well with many characters, enemies and explosions on-screen simultaneously.  I see the game being huge this fall if the rest of it doesn't fall short. Also, bonus points for Peter Dinklage sounding like he took a dose of Xanax before doing his voice-over work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:37 pm

lol! 

NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:55 pm

I doubt I saw all of the locations, it just seemed there was a new fetch mission once you completed the previous one.

Don't get me wrong, I've very excited for this game. I see the potential and it was an absolutely flawless online experience. I can't remember the last time I haven't experienced lag online.

I was simply echoing your sentiments, Ryan, about maybe skipping the beta. I don't want to get burnt out before I have a chance to play the fully polished version.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImdJenk
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:14 pm

I've been out of the video game loop but this game might bring me back. Looks like Halo, Borderlands and Call of Duty all rolled in to one. Yus!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:52 pm

Jenk! What the make sweet love , guy. How's it going?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImdJenk
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:27 pm

Hey man long time. I been working long hours and doing a lot less Internet. My only source of memes has been via Facebook so I'm probably a little behind but I'm sure I'll be caught up to speed pretty quickly here lol. I'm getting a ps4 for my birthday and thought of you guys! Can I be in you guys's es Destiny Clan? I don't get lame anymore so I promise not to cuss out little kids and take bowl hits during critical mission moments!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:54 pm

ImdJenk wrote:
Hey man long time. I been working long hours and doing a lot less Internet.  My only source of memes has been via Facebook so I'm probably a little behind but I'm sure I'll be caught up to speed pretty quickly here lol.  I'm getting a ps4 for my birthday and thought of you guys! Can I be in you guys's es Destiny Clan? I don't get lame anymore so I promise not to cuss out little kids and take bowl hits during critical mission moments!

Ban 

Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:54 am

How does this all work? I have an alpha code. I'm assuming that's different than the beta code but is it still good? Can I get a BETA code just by having an alpha code? When is the beta over maybe it's not worth pursuing? Does the team chat work yet in Battlefield?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingShorty
Titty Sprinkles

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:38 am

ImdJenk wrote:
How does this all work?  I have an alpha code. I'm assuming that's different than the beta code but is it still good? Can I get a BETA code just by having an alpha code?  When is the beta over maybe it's not worth pursuing?  Does the team chat work yet in Battlefield?

You will need to pre-order the game to get a Beta code.

Alpha period is over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImdJenk
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:33 am

Ok, thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pdiss88
Titty Sprinkles

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:54 am

I love the potential of this game. It's like Halo, Borderlands and FF14 all thrown into a pot and stirred. I don't know how that could possibly come out bad.

From what I played in the Alpha, the competitive matchmaking was a more close-quarters feeling Halo spinoff. This could be a really awesome thing, but it also has the potential to become unbalanced due to all the special powers and different weapons carrying over from co-op. Bungie has there work cut out for them to keep it a fair, unfrustrating experience. The vehicles seemed a bit difficult to counter on the Moon map, but it could just be because no one has figured out good ways to take them out with minimal casualties yet.

The co-op is most likely going to be the meat of this game. I enjoyed the gunplay and the level design quite a bit but I hope the full game has more story and specially-tailored missions so it doesn't begin to feel tedious. Some of the missions I was handed felt like MMO-type padding without a whole lot of plot or understanding of why I was doing what I was doing.

Overall, this is one of my most anticipated games of the year and I really hope it works out like I expect it to.

On another note, what's up with Peter Dinklage's voice acting? He sounds like they caught him in the line at the DMV and he was reading his lines for the first time. His delivery was horrible. Very disappointing to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:14 pm

For MP the weapons stats are all the same within each weapon class, so you really only bring over a weapon class and style, not power. So all shotguns are the same, all auto rifles, ect.

Still, That is a change for Bungie which used to make use of weapon pickups. I've seen some concern it might unbalance things since people liked the flow/strategy on maps pickups created.

Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Beta Hype! 10 days.

Someone from Playstation Blog responded that beta codes are coming to those who preordered the digital version from the Playstation Store.  I still suspect that they're going to screw it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snoots
Dickpickle

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:40 pm

They did a super job on the alpha!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:41 am

Companion App

Quote :

DESTINY’S COMPANION APP IS ACTUALLY USEFUL — IGN FIRST

A few reasons why you’ll want to use Bungie’s second screen.
BY MARTY SLIVA

When the Destiny beta launches, your experience in Bungie’s massive universe is also going to exist outside the confines of your television in the form of Destiny’s companion app. What’s even more surprising is that the iOS, Android, and web application is actually useful.

One of the focuses of the companion app is to highlight your character and progression throughout the game, and really celebrate the growth of your Guardian. The app features fully-realized 3D models of each one of your characters, which will change in real time as you equip them with new weapons and armor. What’s even more interesting is that the changes you make to your character in the app are instantly reflected on your character in the actual game itself.

Given the RPG nature of Destiny, the app is there to help you keep track of all of the statistics, progression, missions, and bounties of your characters. You can thumb through your inventory, check out which vendors are currently occupying the Tower, and explore Destiny’s lore through the Grimoire. Throughout Destiny, you’ll unlock cards that delve a bit deeper into characters, locations, and events from Bungie’s universe. The Grimoire is your gateway into fully unraveling Destiny’s world and story.

The free app is going to be available on iOS, Android, and web when the beta hits, and you’ll be able to use it the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One versions of the game. One thing to note is that during the beta, the iOS version of the app will only be available on iPhones. By launch, players will be able to use a larger iPad version of the companion. Bungie says that a Windows Phone version is not planned.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   

Back to top Go down

Destiny
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Destiny-
Jump to: