HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Destiny

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Anyone else stumble down into the basement of one of the levels to find some really huge bad guys that kill you instantly? I wanna get a team together to take them out.

BurnHim 

I assume there will be spoils for all involved if we're victorious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:26 pm

The enemies with ?? for their level are much higher level and not meant to be challenged until later in the game. I read somewhere that some dudes tried to take one out during the Alpha and it took them 2-3 hours of nibbling away at him.

I'll help you find the chests. I haven't done it yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:22 pm

That was probably the dudes I rolled up on. They were just hanging out in a dark basement and literally killed me within 2 seconds both times I went down there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImdJenk
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:51 pm

I can be your guys third. I'm no good at finding stuff so I'll shoot and kill things while you explore lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Online now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:11 am

Smitty and I found all the Golden Chests last night.
Four out of five were pretty good.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:19 am

lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hooligan
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:30 pm

lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:40 pm

So I sucked it up and preordered the digital guardian edition last night. Officially all in with this game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Meta_
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Can you guys give me a comp on the FPS feel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:48 pm

_Meta_ wrote:
Can you guys give me a comp on the FPS feel.

Hmm, IMO it feels like battlefield or killzone but with a massive aim assist default setting. It's not as twitchy as COD for example.

Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Um...Halo?

I don't play a lot of FPS's b/c I generally don't like them, but this one feels great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD23

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:10 pm

It feels a bit like Borderlands with even more aim assist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pdiss88
Titty Sprinkles

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:47 pm

This game kicks frooty booty. Already preordered the $100 edition.

I will say that the co-op isn't as robust as Borderlands 2. Between only 3 players in a fireteam and the lack of the humorous script, I don't enjoy it quite as much. However, the PvE is decent and I love the PvP so I can tell I'll be dumping hours into this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:46 pm

I played a couple more multiplayer games and got better. The game is like Domination but on really small maps and only six per team. It's OK but I don't see it replacing battlefield as my go to multiplayer game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Meta_
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:27 am

What is the bullet damage like? Does it take a thousand bullets to kill someone like say Resistance Fall of Man. BTW remember RFoM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:32 am

Destiny's FPS does not feel like battlefield to me. You got the double jump for more verticality, and super-charged moves like the butt-slam. The weapons are a little more varied and sci-fi. It doesn't feel like borderlands to me either because I find myself using cover more than I ever did in borderlands. And the graphics and environments are more detailed and realistic than borderlands. It's probably most like Halo but I've never played Halo.

In competetive multiplayer it doesn't take many bullets to kill someone. And the super-charged moves are instant kills. In the campaign the grunts are easy to kill but higher ranking enemies take many shots and bosses take several minutes to kill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD23

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:39 pm

I finally had a chance to play PvP. I'm getting the feeling that the game is going to be solid, but nothing close to revolutionary, which is the same way I feel about Halo. I read that the game is only going to have seven locations, which is a bit concerning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:37 pm

For those playing the beta, do you have any concerns it's going to burn you out on the retail version?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImdJenk
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:12 pm

No because it's only a few low level story missions and one level six strike. I'm hoping what we saw in the beta is like 1% of the retail version. If anything I feel the beta gave me familiarity with the experience tree and a taste of hundreds of hours of cooperative fun! And today is the last day I thought?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:20 pm

I sucked at the PvP but still had a lot of fun with it. Love the coop story mode and the rpg leveling system. September is too long to wait.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:23 pm

I did hear that apparently its confirmed there's only one location per planet. So for Earth all we get is Old Russia (although with more areas open and objectives it seems). Still, I'm now wondering if the beta was a good chunk of it, at least in free roam.

I don't think I'm burnt out, and am looking forward to more. Not being able to equip that lvl 9-10 gear was knocking on my OCD.

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:29 pm

Yeah I had some sweet weapons and armor I was dying to equip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:35 am

Some more information. From the beta we were only allowed 3 people on a fireteam but here they are talking about 6 person raids. These raid groups will need to be friends and as there is no matchmaking for these raid runs.

Quote :
Raids are “extremely crafted,” six-player, friends-only gauntlet runs that might best be described as gut-checks. Yes, they will be difficult, and they will absolutely require communication and cooperation. That’s why Bungie isn’t supporting matchmaking for them; the developers don’t want them to be played by disparate groups of strangers. But Smith is quick to point out that they’re not like Strikes – the instanced dungeon-like runs that might take a mere 20-60 minutes – but more like MMO raids in that you’re going to want to buckle up and get comfortable for a couple hours.

“The activity is going to take you and your group of five buddies into a place that you’ve never been,” Smith explains. “A place that you will return to frequently. And [it will] demand of you things you’ve never even really been asked to do in a shooter before.”

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/destiny-the-endgame-is-only-the-beginning-ign-first

kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:44 pm

I'm glad there will be a way to play with more than three. But I hope the raids aren't so difficult that you can't play with only four or five in your fireteam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destiny   

Back to top Go down

Destiny
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Destiny-
Jump to: