HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Destiny

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
eclipz
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:58 am

Yeah, I don't want to play too much of the game. There is a level 8 cap in the beta but there are 3 classes and you can set up each one and level them up. I'm not going to do that.

I didn't have any issue jumping back and forth from the game to the PDM (XMB). Voice chat was fine. I think the default setting is to have chat come through your speakers and headset. I'm not sure the family would like that so I switched it to headset only.

Really enjoying the beta so far but as Toad mentioned I don't want to get burnt out. I'm probably done for now.

_________________
Anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:43 am

Rambo, thanks for the code! Downloading now. I'll look for u guys online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:08 am

Wow, really cool game. Not a FPS fan normally, but I really like this one. The added 3rd person view, coop gameplay, rpg style and scifi setting has me hooked already. Dinklage as the ghost is a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD23
Zombie outbreak response team
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:48 pm

The one thing I dislike is the massive aim assist. Seems a bit lame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:32 am

Is there aim assist? I'm pretty sure I had it turned off and didn't really notice it. Or maybe I'm not as good as I think I am...

I only played vs bots, which are always easier to kill. Haven't played any PvP gamemodes (if there are any).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:12 am

I tried one round of PvP and got my frooty booty kicked. I was on foot with a pea shooter and some of the other players had vehicles with machine guns or cannons. Do those vehicles spawn on the map or have those players upgraded their personal vehicles? I'm level 5 and the bike that I can summon doesn't even have a weapon.

Once I was able to sneak up on the guy in the tank and use a super charged butt slam to kill him. That was my one highlight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImdJenk
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:24 am

Yeah vehicles spawn and when I see them on the other team I run lol. I'm having a tough time adjusting to the mp but I think it's OK. Just did the Devil's Lair mission it was pretty intense!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:03 am

I was more drawn to this game as it seems like it might be more coop and story driven, as opposed to PvP deathmatch and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:06 am

Anybody know when the beta will be available to play again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:50 am

It's offline for the 21/22. Should be live again on the 23rd. Then going until the 27th.



_________________
Anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:58 am

OK cool, thanks.

I went to their website last night but couldn't find that schedule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:54 am

I'm officially hooked to this game.

Played for 4-5 hours last night. Ran thru all the available story missions, even had a little fun with the PvP and got my Hunter character maxed out to level 8.

I've seen a bunch of different preorder packages, some surprisingly expensive. Which one did you guys preorder?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:06 am

I pre-ordered the Digital Guardian Edition from the PlayStation Store. It is $99 (in Canada) $89 in the US. It doesn't really have anything special except it will include the 2 DLC packs coming after release. I'm also starting to like the idea of going all digital although for some games I'd still like to get the disc version for collection purposes.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-for-Collectors/en/News/News?aid=11642

_________________
Anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:21 am

I have the standard digital edition pre-ordered from the PS Store. I should be able to upgrade to the Digital Guardian edition. Does the Digital Guardian edition provide a discount on the DLC? I couldn't find what the DLC costs separately.

The digital edition from the PS Store is supposed to pre-download so you can start playing at midnight. I'm more optimistic that that will work now because the Beta access and install went really well (even though they didn't explain it very well beforehand).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:24 am

For us there is a $5 savings on the DLC.

Standalone:
$70 for the game
$35 for the expansion pass

Edit: Looks like the Expansion pass is the same price for the US ($35) but your game is $10 cheaper.

_________________
Anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there.


Last edited by eclipz on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:47 am

What exactly is the DLC? Debating whether or not I should get the game for $60, or shell out the extra for the DLC and pay $90.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:49 am

Quote :
Expand your Destiny adventure with brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer arenas, and a wealth of all new weapons, armor, and gear to earn.

The Destiny Expansion Pass includes Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below and Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves. In The Dark Below, you'll discover an ancient tomb has been unsealed. Beneath the surface of the Moon, a dark god has answered centuries of prayer, and a dark army has risen. Explore the true depths of the Hellmouth. Stop the dark Hive ritual and survive.

CONTAINS:

•    Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below
•    Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves

Apparently they will be $20 each if you buy them separately.

_________________
Anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there.


Last edited by eclipz on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:50 am

eclipz wrote:
I pre-ordered the Digital Guardian Edition from the PlayStation Store. It is $99 (in Canada) $89 in the US. It doesn't really have anything special except it will include the 2 DLC packs coming after release. I'm also starting to like the idea of going all digital although for some games I'd still like to get the disc version for collection purposes.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-for-Collectors/en/News/News?aid=11642

 nerd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 am

eclipz wrote:
Quote :
Expand your Destiny adventure with brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer arenas, and a wealth of all new weapons, armor, and gear to earn.

The Destiny Expansion Pass includes Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below and Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves. In The Dark Below, you'll discover an ancient tomb has been unsealed. Beneath the surface of the Moon, a dark god has answered centuries of prayer, and a dark army has risen. Explore the true depths of the Hellmouth. Stop the dark Hive ritual and survive.

CONTAINS:

•    Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below
•    Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves

Apparently they will be $20 each if you buy them separately.

Thanks for the info. Sucks they don't just include this "expansion" in the actual game. I guess they've gotta maximize profits, but seems like a dick move to sell DLC for a game that doesn't even come out for a couple months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 am

Huge Knutz wrote:
eclipz wrote:
I pre-ordered the Digital Guardian Edition from the PlayStation Store. It is $99 (in Canada) $89 in the US. It doesn't really have anything special except it will include the 2 DLC packs coming after release. I'm also starting to like the idea of going all digital although for some games I'd still like to get the disc version for collection purposes.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-for-Collectors/en/News/News?aid=11642

nerd

"Some games" being my favourite series, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, Tekken. I like having the cases for those.  coming out of the cl Very Happy

_________________
Anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there.


Last edited by eclipz on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JD23
Zombie outbreak response team
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:56 am

The prerelease DLC is par for the course with Activision and EA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:20 am

I have a $10 PSN gift card, so I guess there's that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hooligan
Has on robe & wizard hat
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:20 am

Loving this game so far! Anybody know how big the PS store/digital edition is?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:14 pm

For anyone who wants some good loot. I plan on trying to track these down tonight if anyone wants to join me -

5 Golden Chests
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Hooligan wrote:
Loving this game so far! Anybody know how big the PS store/digital edition is?

I heard it will be 40GB.

Smitty wrote:
For anyone who wants some good loot. I plan on trying to track these down tonight if anyone wants to join me -

5 Golden Chests

R2-JD helped me find them all. You get an upgraded speeder bike or whatever it's called.

Me in Destiny last night.


_________________
Anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there.


Last edited by eclipz on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Destiny   

Back to top Go down
 
Destiny
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Destiny-
Jump to: