The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Possibly no more sequels.

Go down 
+6
Re-volution
bdwright77
TyrantII
Mark Sporto
frankthetoad
AlphaShepherd
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

Possibly no more sequels. Empty
PostSubject: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:07 am

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:12 am

God bless, From Software. Not only do they acknowledge the bugs, they apologize for them and say that their mere existence is unacceptable. I hope that they maintain face and put out another one. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls were both fantastic games with nowhere near as many bugs as the Fallout series.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 am

frankthetoad wrote:
...Demon's Souls and Dark Souls were both fantastic games with nowhere near as many bugs as the Fallout series.

yep. fallout 1 and 2 were a buggy mess, weren't they?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:33 am

Have no clue. Fallout 3, Fallout 3 DLC, and FNV were.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:34 am

I should probably preemptively add:

Here we go again. Rolling Eyes

For mat:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:36 am

fallout 3 worked just fine for me, thanks. all 3 playthroughs were silky smooth.

the dlc was a mess, but that's it.

this is for being wrong about f3 ---> nutkick
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:50 am

:groan:

I love the Fallout series (and by series, I mean the two I played plus the DLC). It's a testament to the story and world they created that I persevered and continued playing despite the bugs. The games are enormous, and many bugs can be forgiven. But they both had lots for me. LOTS! FNV was by far the worst offender of them all. The bugs in that game turned it into a chore to finish. By the end, I was mad at myself for continuing to play. The bugs turned what could have been another masterpiece into a sluggish nightmare.

I loved Skyrim. It also was a buggy mess unless you started playing after, or very soon before, the patch. It was all tied to the size of the save file- which Bethesda admitted. I played this game to the fullest also, despite the bugginess, because it was a good story and a lot of fun. Turning off autosave and patching helped tremendously. Still had some lag, had at least two broken word walls, two broken quests, and some weird stuff happening.

I'm not an apologist, though. The three games above contained more bugs than any other games I've played combined. That's saying something.

I've experienced lags in online games...but that's a horse of a different color. Playing online with some dude in Lesotho presents its own hosts of difficulties.

I also realize that different people have different experiences. Lady Luck shines her light on your patch of Ohio, while the gaming gods use my house for their latrine.

I really don't get my panties in a wad over it. The only developer I've ever had steam come out of my ears for is Bethesda. Mainly for their apparent lack of concern for their customers. At least their PS3 customers.

I still love you, mat.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:06 am

Bethesda engines suck*

*unless on PC
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:06 am

frankthetoad wrote:
:groan:

I love the Fallout series (and by series, I mean the two I played plus the DLC). It's a testament to the story and world they created that I persevered and continued playing despite the bugs. The games are enormous, and many bugs can be forgiven. But they both had lots for me. LOTS! FNV was by far the worst offender of them all. The bugs in that game turned it into a chore to finish. By the end, I was mad at myself for continuing to play. The bugs turned what could have been another masterpiece into a sluggish nightmare.

I loved Skyrim. It also was a buggy mess unless you started playing after, or very soon before, the patch. It was all tied to the size of the save file- which Bethesda admitted. I played this game to the fullest also, despite the bugginess, because it was a good story and a lot of fun. Turning off autosave and patching helped tremendously. Still had some lag, had at least two broken word walls, two broken quests, and some weird stuff happening.

I'm not an apologist, though. The three games above contained more bugs than any other games I've played combined. That's saying something.

I've experienced lags in online games...but that's a horse of a different color. Playing online with some dude in Lesotho presents its own hosts of difficulties.

I also realize that different people have different experiences. Lady Luck shines her light on your patch of Ohio, while the gaming gods use my house for their latrine.

I really don't get my panties in a wad over it. The only developer I've ever had steam come out of my ears for is Bethesda. Mainly for their apparent lack of concern for their customers. At least their PS3 customers.

I still love you, mat.

bullsh!t.

you got sucked in to DS because brandon sold it, kekborg bought in and sold it to you. you wouldn't have played it otherwise and you know it.

you also couldn't get enough of F3 until the rest of the boys told you it sucked and then you bought into that as well.

just like you were going to avoid BF3 like the plague... how'd that work out?

keep being an awesome lapdog for the cool kids, toad.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:25 am

Guess someone peed in your cornflakes this morning, matty. No one can ever point out the flaws in your precious video games. I swear to everything holy that Bethesda pays you a commission for every negative post you respond to saying that they sh!t gold and put it in a plastic wrapper.

It's getting old. We get it. Video games work flawlessly for you and we're all delusional when we say something's broken.

Give me a fuhking break.

Next thing you know you'll be saying how Star Wars Episode I was a cinematic masterpiece.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:28 am

They were broken.

Spend enough time and touch enough things in the game and it's plain for anyone to see. Once the file gets to 12MB+, it's all she wrote.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:07 pm

I love From Software. 3D Dot Game Heroes is also an awesome game. Play it, Toad!!!

Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Frank and Matt need to get a private huddle going Ghey!
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:45 am

whatever toad...

I realize that it could cause some people great pain here to not be able to use derogatory language when referring to the developers, so those folks may not want to look for fear of coming across as a 'jackass' or an 'idiot.'
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:51 am

I guess when you pay $60 for a game and it doesnt work you shouild just bend over and take it.

Try again, guy.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:57 am

Can you give it a rest with the none-too-subtle jabs?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:01 am

How's this for subtle? You're a dikbag.

No matter what outrageous "It's all about me!" comment has ever been posted on nom before, it has now dropped to second place at the Narcissists Hall of Fame [it's in Hollywood, but they're opening a chapter in Washington DC]. You, mattyboy, are now solidly in first place as the biggest narcissist on this board!

But remember the Narcissus myth correctly, everyone. Narcissus wasn't in love with himself. He was in love with the reflection of himself he saw when he gazed into the pool. So, I'm not accusing little matty of loving himself. On the contrary, I'd venture matt doesn't love himself much at all. I'm accusing him of loving the image of himself that he presents on this board and that he encapsulated perfectly in this thread -- the contrarian bad-boy who doesn't give a damn what others think of him, blah, blah, blah.

Here's the good news, matt. This post really is All-About-You. Hardly anything else in the world is. Get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:06 am

Yep, anything for you, toad. Rolling Eyes

And someday you'll stop complaining about every single game you put into your PS3
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:36 pm

I'm not complaining. I'm bringing up example of instances in certain games that create a negative gameplay experience. We all know your PS3 Fat is perfect and never has any issues. Good for you. At least acknowledge that others might not have the same pristine experience that you have.

You're a goat.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Hmmm funny Demonware is owned by activision so nope I guess I dont look like a jackass you jackass. Was that subtle enough for you asshole? Go fuhk yourself you fuhking socom whining bitch.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Popcorn
Back to top Go down
Jay_mb
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Possibly no more sequels. SbyLU
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:49 pm

HJ
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Shock2
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Possibly no more sequels. Popcor10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possibly no more sequels.   Possibly no more sequels. Empty

Back to top Go down

Possibly no more sequels.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Dark Souls-
Jump to: