HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Patch 1.02

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.02   Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Maybe I'll just finish Batman: AC in between BF3 matches and Rocksmith sessions before I fire up Skyrim for any length of time then.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.02   Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:10 pm

if anyone needs me, i'll be playing skyrim, which i've yet to have any real problems with having logged 80 hours.

psn: matzira
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.02   Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:30 pm

I truly an glad you're having a flawless experience. I've enjoyed this game immensely, but it's fought me most of the way.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.02   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:18 am

i do wonder if magic doesn't have a lot to do with it. because there's a lot of stuff going on when you cast spells. and when ever i get slow downs, it usually is when i'm fighting a mage or a witch.

or a swarm of bears like last night... Laughing

i was walking through the woods minding my own business, heard a growl, looked up and see a bear on his hind legs telling me to back off so i back off and try to circumvent his territory, but he didn't like that idea so he ends up chasing me along with 10 or more of his closest bear buddies and they would give up the chase. Shocked
i ran out of stamina and had to climb a rock and didn't feel like wasting 100 iron arrows on the bears so i took off after a stamina refill and the only way i could shake them was to lead them to a fort and let them fight some bad guys.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.02   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:29 am

Bears always seem to materialize out of thin air when I'm traipsing through Skyrim. Inevitably they end up scaring the sh!t out of me....

By the way, patch 1.03 should have gone live last night...or maybe it's today. It doesn't address some of the lag people are still experiencing. I'm too lazy this morning to post a link to all of the changes.

Started the Dark Brotherhood questline last night. I haven't even done the first mission. Just woke up and have a choice to make between three things. Looking forward to playing these tonight...I've heard their questline was great in Oblivion.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.02   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:38 am

the dark brotherhood quest alone in oblivion was worth the cost of the game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.02   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:18 am

Mark Sporto wrote:
the dark brotherhood quest alone in oblivion was worth the cost of the game.

+69. Robe & Wizard Hat

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.02   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:08 am

I give them credit for actually admitting there's a problem:

http://www.vg247.com/2011/12/07/skyrim-ps3-fix-not-in-next-patch/

Bethesda has also come out to debunk the FNV developer's claim on what's causing these lags (the flags for the change of state of items/NPCs/enemies in the game). They say they fixed that issue long ago:

http://www.vg247.com/2011/12/07/bethesda-debunks-obsidian-devs-skyrim-ps3-lag-theory/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.02   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:55 am

It is apparent that a lot of game developers will release a game when it is "good enough" and hope they can fix problems later. These are issues they could have been well aware of before the release, just by letting 20 people start playing the game. I guess as long as it sells they are comfortable with having issues to debug later.

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.02   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:31 am

frankthetoad wrote:
I give them credit for actually admitting there's a problem:

http://www.vg247.com/2011/12/07/skyrim-ps3-fix-not-in-next-patch/

Bethesda has also come out to debunk the FNV developer's claim on what's causing these lags (the flags for the change of state of items/NPCs/enemies in the game). They say they fixed that issue long ago:

http://www.vg247.com/2011/12/07/bethesda-debunks-obsidian-devs-skyrim-ps3-lag-theory/

See that's what I thought, was almost sure it was a new engine. Then again, usually when a company goes in house, a lot of similar design decisions are made (Half-life's source engine is a great example). They pay royalties to the original engine for IP on it's design and then basically recreate it from the ground up to better suit their hardware and needs.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if it's handled pretty close to the same way as the old Gamebryo engine. Of cource Bethesda would deny that, as there going to want to license out this new engine to re-cooperate the costs of building it. If it has the same issues and is sloppy with memory, thats a pretty big deal. Especially for console development.

NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.02   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Hooray! Another freeze.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.02   Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:50 am

still no issues for me on my launch 60gb. cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile