HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Progress reports.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:43 am

Where are you finding all of these giants?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:51 am

when ever you see a mammoth head on your compass, there are usually giants watching over the mammoths.

psn: matzira
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:21 am

Mark Sporto wrote:
when ever you see a mammoth head on your compass, there are usually giants watching over the mammoths.
OK. I actually haven't done much wandering off the beaten path. I've primarily been fast travelling and using the carriage.

I played for about 2.5 hours last night. It was interesting to realize that I really hadn't accomplished much. This game really requires some mental organization and focus. I start off wanting to do something- buy some souped up Destruction Robes, and instead end up looting a store, going through a short mini-quest, etc. It's hard for me to stay on task.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:20 am

This may be one of the dumbest question evar on NOM, but, Toad, are you trying to platinum this game?

(I suspect is will be extremely tedious to do so).

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:23 am

I bought me a horse and rode to the city where the Thieves Guild is. Riften I think? I killed a dragon on the way there and got swatted 2,969 feet up into the air by a giant. Mad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:29 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
This may be one of the dumbest question evar on NOM, but, Toad, are you trying to platinum this game?

(I suspect is will be extremely tedious to do so).
Of course! I don't think it will be that difficult. FO3 and FNV weren't that bad. Plus, I'll want to do all the things that will be required for trophies anyway.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:44 am

I'm smack dab in the middle of the mages quest. I went and got the 4 books from the fire something or other mage camp and brought it back to the librarian and the college.

I want a house! I'm like Frank, I want to keep EVERYTHING!

Oh, potions are still a pain in the a$$! Who wants to lookup sh!t on the internetz and then cross reference the items in your list to find you need a sprig of giants a$$ hair in order for it to work!!!! I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Looking up what they do doesn't really matter. You can't combine ingredients that you haven't discovered what their effects are. The only way to discover (that I know of) is to eat them. Once you start combining more than two ingredients together, you'll learn a second effect. I think there's a perk in the Alchemy tree that lets you learn two effects when eating them.

Whenever I get a new ingredient, I munch away. I'm a potion making fool. Good way to make a little money too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:28 am

Finished House of Horrors...my first Daedric quest. It was a good one and gave me a sweet Daedric artifact- a mace that does stamina and magicka damage and fills a soul gem. I'm a dual caster, but if I run out of magicka and potion, the mace is nice. There's also an item for the Red Eagle quest here...

I also almost finished the book fetch quest for the mage's guild. Also a pretty good quest.

Something tells me I'll still be playing this in 2012. Is it bad if I say this game is better than Fallout 3?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:47 am

so far, it's very possible for this to be better than F3.

last night i finished "blood on the ice" and must say that halfway through, you may think it glitches and stops working, but i can assure you that the title of the quest is a hint for when you're stuck.
i also looted the evidence box in one of the jails. it was loaded! my sneak is up to 67 without cheating.
i also cleared out a few caves last night.

my plan for tonight is to try and knock out some quests and get some money.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:56 am

I killed a bandit leader, bought some spells, then made the journey out to the Mage college at Winter Hold. I know I'm way far behind you dudez, but have been short on gaming time lately. I need a good 12 hour window to be able to sit down and really make some progress in this game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:34 am

Finally on the last leg of the last quest for the Mages...I think. It's been taking me a while...I like to completely clear each area, but at this pace, I'll still be playing this next week!

I've almost got my Destruction to 60. I've got 7 perk points to allocate. 3 are going into Destruction when I get to 60.
Vie been agonizing over where to spend my points. I'd like the extra 100 carry weight, but haven't ranked up pickpocketing at all. I think I'm going to do Enchantment next. I figure once i max that out I can enchant clothing so that I don't ever consume any magicka. After that, I have no clue. Maybe one-hand. What are you other mages doing?

Realized something funny about dragons last night. I had thought they were too easy. Went up against an Elder Dragon in Windhelm and realized they're easy because my magicka is powerful. When i ran out and decided to hit him with my Daedric mace a bit, he one shotted me. I LOL'd.

What's a good fueled quest line for me to do I'm done with the mages? Thief? Companions? Will I have to start with the thieves in order to get a nod from the Dark Brotherhood, or are they mutually exclusive?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:15 am

I just started the Mages' college quests Toad. I'm only level 7.

I have started the Dark Brotherhood quests too. They are exclusive of the Thieves Guild.

How do you survive without heavy armor? Do you use those ward spells in your left hand like a shield or something?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:41 am

i got stuck doing the forsworn conspiracy... not my favorite quest, but interesting nonetheless.

had to do a bunch of tedious busy work while trying to escape cidnah mine.

i'm going to riften tonight.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Revo of Gunt wrote:
I'm smack dab in the middle of the mages quest. I went and got the 4 books from the fire something or other mage camp and brought it back to the librarian and the college.

Oh, potions are still a pain in the a$$! Who wants to lookup sh!t on the internetz and then cross reference the items in your list to find you need a sprig of giants a$$ hair in order for it to work!!!! I don't like it.

Here is what you do with potions without having to look something out. The first way to unlock 1 of 4 things an ingredient does is to eat it, so go through ALL your ingredients and eat one of everything. Next when making potions combine ingredients with the same effect types. This will help unlock other effects. Pretty soon you get a list of potions, or at least effects of ingredients and then you can start combining them.

Also enchant a ring, and amulet with fortify alchemy and keep then in your ingredients pouch on your alchemy table in your house. This whay when you go home to make potions you just pull out all your ingredients and the ring/amulet, then put it all back when you are done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Finished the Mage quest line this morning before a doctors appointment. You get some amazing rewards. I'm going to be a bad a$$ from here on out.

Alpha, I don't stay up close in a fight. I do a lot of backpedaling. That said, my dual wielding firebolt is pretty powerful and takes care of most enemies by the time my magicka is depleted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:35 pm

Revo of Gunt wrote:

I bet you're loaded with Giant's a$$ hair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:14 pm

Fffffuuuuuuu, Bethesda! My game keeps freezing. Just shy of a 7MB save file. Unbelievable....well, not really. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:03 pm

It finally worked itself out.

I got married. Got loaded at the bachelors party in Riften. Smoked a bunch of fire salts and made some glass underwear at the forge while drunk. Good times!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:07 pm

lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:36 am

frankthetoad wrote:
It finally worked itself out.

I got married. Got loaded at the bachelors party in Riften. Smoked a bunch of fire salts and made some glass underwear at the forge while drunk. Good times!

Skyrim bachelor party? poledance ?

How did you get married? I read somewhere you have to first find an amulet before you can get married...is that right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:20 am

Yes, the Amulet of Mara.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Did a bunch this weekend. Bought every upgrade for my house in Whiterun. My wife now asks if i want her to cook me dinner. Lolers! It's cozy. I didn't do this just to make it look nice...the single chest I and in the house was bursting at the seams. I've been able to segregate my things now. Much neater.

I also spent some time upgrading my gear. I now have some very nicely upgraded and enchanted ebony gauntlets and boots. Since I wear Archmage robes and the Morkei Dragon Priest mask, I got to get any help I can get in the armor department.

I did discover over 100 locations and do over 50 miscellaneous quests. I've found that a lot of miscellaneous quests turn into Daedric or side quests as they go along. I've made it a point to work through all of them that I've unlocked. The game is freaking huge.

I'm now level 43, have over an 8MB save file, and when I'm in the open world, there are times the game plays like a slideshow. Reportedly, Bethesda is releasing a patch right after Thanksgiving (or before, depending on what you read). Color me concerned.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:57 pm

I am in trouble. I went into a cave and dropped down a hole into water. There is no way back up. I cleared out this section of bad guys, but there are only 2 doors in this section. Both are locked and I do not have any lock picks. Ffffffuuuuuuuuuu.

I already saved in this area. I have another save but it is probably 8 hours of gameplay old, maybe even more (i am scared to look). I really don't want to take take that big of a step back.

Any thoughts?

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:03 pm

There should be at least 4 auto saves.....not just one. What do they lead too?

but i just want ot get this straight...are you saying you fell into a well?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    

Back to top Go down

Progress reports.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim-
Jump to: