HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Progress reports.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:18 pm

translation: I'm a big fat whore who needs trophies to enjoy a game ninja

you need to create an archer or swordsman. i'd argue that archery is where it's at, but going as a swordsman would be baller and as tough as DS.

fwiw, it took easily 10+ hours to finish the thieves guild. that's how long it'll take you to finish SOTC if you don't cheat. i beat the ps2 version that quickly.

psn: matzira
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:00 am

Started doing another Companion's quest last night. Made it halfway through the dungeon and died. I hadn't saved since I'd turned the game on, and since I've turned all the autosaves off...that meant I lost all my progress for the evening (~30 minutes). I wasn't really perturbed.

The loading screen after my death didn't end. I let it sit for about 10 minutes. It wasn't frozen- I could still move the item on the screen, the smoke was moving, and the wording in the bottom right kept changing...it just never loaded.

How can a company that makes such fantastically expansive games be plagued by the same glaring bugs/problems for every game. Bethesda's forums aren't a pleasant place. It's not as if they have no idea of the problems their customers are experiencing. Maybe I just don't know how difficult a problem these things are to solve, but something tells me that were I in their shoes, I'd be throwing some significant dollar bills at this.

I will finish this game, but I'm worried that I'll get a game ending bug at some point...or at least a bug that won't allow me to achieve the plat this playthrough. I'd said I wasn't going to buy this game until months after release. I suppose it's my own damn fault.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:17 am

you're starting to sound like tyrant... sheesh.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:29 am

Listen. I don't let bugs/glitches in games bother me much. Games are huge undertakings production-wise and I assume are pushing the limits of the PS3's capabilities. But this is Bethesda, and this ain't their first rodeo...nor their first bug infested game. Far from it. It's the status quo for these guys and it's annoying.

As I said, I will continue to play this game, finish it, and enjoy it while I'm doing that....but I think it's unacceptable for any of us to say, "I guess it's no big deal since this is what we should expect from Bethesda. At least it's a great game!"

I suppose if that's how everyone feels...and folks continue to buy these games (and I'm one of those people)...what's their incentive to fix these games?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:05 am

I'll tell you what their incentive is:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:10 am

cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:43 am

golfclap @ benny!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:45 am

frankthetoad wrote:
Listen. I don't let bugs/glitches in games bother me much. Games are huge undertakings production-wise and I assume are pushing the limits of the PS3's capabilities. But this is Bethesda, and this ain't their first rodeo...nor their first bug infested game. Far from it. It's the status quo for these guys and it's annoying.

As I said, I will continue to play this game, finish it, and enjoy it while I'm doing that....but I think it's unacceptable for any of us to say, "I guess it's no big deal since this is what we should expect from Bethesda. At least it's a great game!"

I suppose if that's how everyone feels...and folks continue to buy these games (and I'm one of those people)...what's their incentive to fix these games?

how are the SP problems of skyrim any worse than the MP problems of DS?

hint: they're not.

another hint:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:16 am

How bad were DS's SP problems? Exactly. At least one of their modes was flawless. All Bethesda had to get right was one thing- don't make FNV in a fantasy setting...make a game that doesn't break. Sounds easy enough to me. Especially given the length of time they were working on it.

I feel like you're trying to justify their actions. Something tells me when your save file gets big enough and you start experiencing these things a bit more, you'll be miffed as well. It won't be much longer.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:41 pm

I haven't had any freezes lately. No new glitched quests either. I still have some slow downs.

Finished the Companions quests today. Also read my 50th skill book and cleared my 50th dungeon. Getting my 1000 bounty in each hold and then want to figure out how to join the Dark Brotherhood. I'm looking forward to those quests.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:47 pm

I have logged tons of hours (not sure how many), but havent seen any chance got get into the champions, or like quests. Am I missing something?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:17 am

I think I ran across them in Skyrim during the first five hours of play. I think they werenkilling a giant. It wasn't until very recently that I found their base of operations in Whiterun...to the right of the steps that go up to Dragonsreach. Im sure if you just go there you'll be able to start the quests.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:21 am

i did the "waking nightmare" quest and think it might be my favorite short quest so far.

with the exception of the tedious "follow the slow walking guy to the cave" part, it was a pretty unique quest with a fresh twist at the end.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:36 am

The Thieves Guild questline was a nice change of pace. I think I was supposed to sneak a bit more in these, but I just killed everyone. Oh well. I have dumped a bunch of points lately into sneak and archery...I'd like to use those some more.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:29 am

What's "Waking Nightmare?" Is that in the Dark Brotherhood? I finished up the Thieves' Guild last night and want to start the Brotherhood tomorrow night.

I was a little disappointed by the Guild Master's Armor. It's obviously better than the Thieves' Guild Armor...but I still prefer the Nightingale. Ebony Mail with Nightingale Boots and Gauntlets plus my destruction Dragon Priest mask FTW!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:34 am

waking nightmare is found in the same town as the the guy who runs the daedric museum.

it's not with the same guy but just some guy in the town.

also, the quest in falkreath where you have to find the dog is really good as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:10 am

Mark Sporto wrote:
waking nightmare is found in the same town as the the guy who runs the daedric museum.

it's not with the same guy but just some guy in the town.

also, the quest in falkreath where you have to find the dog is really good as well.

The guy that ran that museum certainly isn't going to be handing out any new quests to me any time soon.... study

Got it. Falkreath quest with the dog. I hope I don't already have that lost somewhere in my super long list of Miscellaneous quest objectives. If I did...any idea what it might say? "Find missing dog" or something like that?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:29 am

Played a lot of the Dark Brotherhood quests last night. They're good...but too easy. I suspect it's because I'm high level and have a ton of good gear. To make it more interesting I went the stealth approach. I was able to kill everyone from a hidden spot and escape without having to spend time in jail. I'm enjoying archery. I'm really enjoying sneak attacks with my Daedric artifact dagger- Mehrune's Razor. I'm getting some silly multipliers...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:56 am

stealth and assassination is the way to go.

challenge yourself you go through an entire cave using nothing but the knife and it can get pretty tense. also with autosave off you have to be more careful.

i've been cutting throats like it's my job. my favorite is when i go invisible and they hear me cast the spell and while they search frantically, i grab them from behind and go all OJ on them for 30x sneak attack with my "soul ripper" blade.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:43 pm

As the game progresses do the enemies get harder, regardless of which quest you are doing? In other words, if I go to do a quest I received early in the game will the enemies be easy?

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:59 pm

they'll scale with you a little bit but as you increase your perks and get better weapons, you'll be a killing machine.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:00 pm

I don't think that enemies scale with your level. There are some quests that are more difficult than others. You'll only be able to tell when they politely hand your a$$ back to you....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:39 pm

i did tie up some loose ends last night... last week i did the quest in markath with the guy at the shrine of talos asking me to seek out nepos. long story short and hopefully without spoilering anything, i got the town pissed off and every guard chasing me. i got thrown into the mine to serve time when i got arrested, but never forgot about the dirty guards who threw me in jail or the family that turned on me...

they all paid with their blood last night. ninja

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:15 am

Passed out on the couch last night at 7 from all the pain meds. Woke up at 3 on the recliner, turned on Skyrim, and got the platinum.

As much as I bitched and moaned about some glitched quests and freezes I didn't have any more screwed up quests after the patch and turning off auto save helped with the freezes. I really did like this game. Still like FO3 better, then this, then FNV.

Going to ship it to Benny, but will get it back when the DLC comes out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:12 pm

I maxed out smithing, and have enchanted all you can t to boost the smithing % PLUS drank a smithing potion (i found one that boosts 50%) you can.

My bow does something like 291 damage....not including the 3x sneak kill, or any enchantments.

I rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    

Back to top Go down

Progress reports.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim-
Jump to: