The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+7
AlphaShepherd
TyrantII
mbgonzomd
Re-volution
Mark Sporto
bdwright77
frankthetoad
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:02 am

I did all str, end, vit, with a little in dex so I could use a bow effectively. I think bows are more useful in this game than they were in Demon's Souls. Without unlimited use of ranged magic, bows are where it's at. Also, shooting a single dude in a group pulls them out one at a time.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:06 am

yep. and a lot of time if you get into a firefight with a wizard, you can get them to stand behind something that blocks their soul arrows and you can zero in for the kills.

one thing that would be nice though would be upgrading and ascending your quiver so that you can increase the power of arrows.

Last edited by Mark Sporto on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:07 am

I have always been a bow guy. I like fighting a long way away from the enemy where I can not sustain injury. Safety first.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:08 am

I think they definitely made the sorcerers less powerful in this game. Maybe it's just because I didn't start as a magic user this game, but later on, the only spells I would use...and I mean ONLY...were the homing soul arrows. Everything else had an extremely long casting time...and the range was weak. Just never saw the utility, and I had every spell in the game.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:09 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
I have always been a bow guy. I like fighting a long way away from the enemy where I can not sustain injury. Safety first.
It's cheap, but some enemies would let you kill them with 150 arrows without even moving. Once I got the poison arrows, I'd just get the poison going (i.e., 3 arrows) and sit back and watch them die.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:10 am

mbgonzomd wrote:

CHESTBUMP!

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 Sports-guy-chest-bump
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:31 am

frankthetoad wrote:
I think they definitely made the sorcerers less powerful in this game. Maybe it's just because I didn't start as a magic user this game, but later on, the only spells I would use...and I mean ONLY...were the homing soul arrows. Everything else had an extremely long casting time...and the range was weak. Just never saw the utility, and I had every spell in the game.

I have never used magic. Does that make me a bad person. I think I equipped a catalyst once and a talisman once. I have bought a lot of spells. I only have enough hands to have a weapon, shield, bow, and pyromancy equipped, so I ignored the others. I guess I should experiment with some of the spells and miracles this play through.

I have used the helz out of pyromancy though.

Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:57 am

Can any of the spells or miracles be used at a distance without a lock-on? Aimed like the bow?

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:08 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
Can any of the spells or miracles be used at a distance without a lock-on? Aimed like the bow?

No. You have to lock on. Well...I take that back. They can be used the same way an unaimed bow can be...and as just as difficultly. That is, you can try to face in the direction you want a spell/arrow to go, but it's tough if not near impossible.

And no, not using magic doesn't make you a bad person. I used magic exclusively in Demon's Souls and almost never resulted to melee. When this came out I made the conscious decision to focus on a melee character...it was the right choice. I think FROM realized that magic was overpowered in DS and they worked to reverse that in this game.

The only offensive spell I'd encourage you to try out is the Homing Soul Mass. The Homing Crystal Soul Mass that you get from Big Hat Logan is even better. The beauty about the spell is that you cast it when there are no enemies around and you get some magic orbs above your head that automatically shoot toward an enemy...whether you're locked onto them or not.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:26 am

That sounds intriguing.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:48 am

I have a question about that particular spell. I've seen some people use it and they get 5 orbs. Any time I cast it, I only get 3. What's the deal there?

Pyromancy is far superior to any other magic in the game. I upgraded my pyromancy flame to the top stat as the first order of business in my first game and it's served me quite well. Adding the bellowing dragoncrest ring (boosts sorcery effects) actually raises its effectiveness as well.

I rarely used sorceries, and miracles appear to be far more functional, both offensively and defensively. Melee and pyromancy is pretty much all I've used.

Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:49 am

bdwright77 wrote:
I do have a question though...in NG+, once you unlock the forest where Sif is... there are now at least two more fog ring wearing Knights in the area. In regular NG, there was only one fog ring-wearing guy...now there's three.

Anyone know about this?

Last edited by bdwright77 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:09 pm

bdwright77 wrote:
I have a question about that particular spell. I've seen some people use it and they get 5 orbs. Any time I cast it, I only get 3. What's the deal there?
As your magic stat increases, so does the number of orbs.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:18 pm

bdwright77 wrote:
bdwright77 wrote:
I do have a question though...in NG+, once you unlock the forest where Sif is... where there at least two more fog ring wearing Knights in the area? In regular NG, there was only one fog ring-wearing guy...now there's three.

Anyone know about this?

I felt I saw an invisible knight with a long sword one time during my first play through. There was also the one ninja that is always there and the one invisible guy that shoots arrows. On my second play through I saw the same knight with the long sword the first time through. he jumped off the cliff as they are wont to do and I have not seen him since. I have not ventured to where the archer guy is yet.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:03 pm

So, where do I head after anor londo? Killed smog and ors, and finished painted world.

Down into the fire chaos world?

I know I'm supposed to talk to framp, but Don't I want to go directly to the other thing to get in dark-wraith cov first? Where's that?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:23 pm

After Anor Londo you can go through Anor Londo to Duke's Archives/Crystal Caves, Demon Ruins or New Londo Ruins. You'll be able to join the Darkwraiths if you DON'T talk to Frampt and then beat the Four Kings in the Abyss (arrived at through New Londo Ruins).
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Dukes is still off limit. Looks like I'm going to londo ruins... but first gonna take on demon ruins. Unfortunately my Queelag firesword doesn't do much down there.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:32 pm

That's right. If you don't talk to Frampt you have to go to New Londo ruins first. You won't be able to fight the boss in DR until you finish NLR.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:53 am

It is sad, but I don't know what you are talking about. Framp?

*going to the wiki*
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 am

Frampt. You may never have talked to him. If not, do you know Kaale (not sure if that's his name)...but he's the one in the Abyss.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:24 am

Ok, framp is the giant worm. Got it now. I am absolutely awful with names. In real life and video game names. If you describe someone by their appearance like "the michelin man", I know just who you are talking about.

Last edited by mbgonzomd on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : there vs their, complex issue, tough to differentiate.)
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:46 am

Yeah, Kingseeker Frampt. The Demon Serpent guy.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:56 am

Footage of Patch 1.05 in Japan. Soul signs are EVERYWHERE!!!

Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:38 am

I hope thats me. It also be cool if Gravelord was fixed. I'd start over just to have some fun in the covenants.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:16 pm

What's not working with the Gravelord Covenant? Just being able to use the stone you get?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next