HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:18 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
Is there any reason why I should not kill a vendor after I have bought everything (eg, the pyromancy dude in firelink shrine)?
I know he leaves and goes to the Swamps as a Hollow. Not sure what he drops when you kill him there. Might be something good.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Finished it. Already killed the Taurus in ng+.

I am awesome. Now time to find a blacksmith.

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:27 pm

You are awesome. Ending blew goats though, right?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:57 am

yeah, but I was not expecting much. The whole story is pretty lame anyway. Half of the stuff they say makes no sense to me. One time some dude will be nice to me, other times they try to kill me. For some reason the sun dude tried to kill me a the end. Not sure what I did to him. Maybe because I never summoned him.

What is the deal with the two endings? I did not light the bonfire after the last boss. I tried to walk back out the main door so I could go farm some more, but that triggered the ending. I assume the other ending is triggered by lighting the bonfire.

BTW, I beat the game without ever calling for help, helping another player, invading or cheating.

(actually, I did invade someone when I was in the forest covenant. 2 dudes where waiting for me and that lasted about 10 seconds. They did multiple gestures after back stabbing me 3 times. I exited the covenant after that.)

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:02 am

Congrats, mule. Beating the game without summoning anyone, an NPC or real live e-person, is an accomplishment.

Yes, the "good" ending results from you lightning the bonfire...and is even lamer than the ending you saw.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:00 am

So, I was going through and re-collecting every little trinket in the game in NG+, but I've decided to speed run it now. I'm a high enough level and can farm stones as I need them, and I think I'm ready to move on to something else.

We'll see if I change my mind as I push towards the end, but I'm starting to feel like I need to be playing BF3!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:02 am

I do have a question though...in NG+, once you unlock the forest where Sif is... where there at least two more fog ring wearing Knights in the area? In regular NG, there was only one fog ring-wearing guy...now there's three.

Last edited by bdwright77 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:03 am

bdwright77 wrote:
I'm starting to feel like I need to be playing BF3!!!

cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:30 am

bdwright77 wrote:
So, I was going through and re-collecting every little trinket in the game in NG+, but I've decided to speed run it now. I'm a high enough level and can farm stones as I need them, and I think I'm ready to move on to something else.

We'll see if I change my mind as I push towards the end, but I'm starting to feel like I need to be playing BF3!!!
I was the same way...wanted to play BF3...but then Unsharted pulled me in.

Benny, if you want to go the quick way out, level up to 711 using a boss soul and then I'll drop you the weapons you need. Let me know if you want to join me over here on the Dark Side.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:36 am

i'll be speed running it the rest of the way. and having cheated my tail off, the game became a lot more fun!

killed each of the 4 kings in 3 hits last night! Laughing

psn: matzira
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:53 am

I found the Four Kings a let down my first (non-cheating) playthrough. They rarely did their AoE attack on me, and none of them behind me ever shot me with their lightning...like I've heard they do.

Mat, let me know if you want weapon drops. I'll caution you that you need to get your miracles from the Darkmoon and Gravelord Covenant before I give you their items...or I just don't drop those. That's what caused me to have to revert to my cloud save.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:13 am

Well, honestly, I'm primed to have all the weapons I need, obtained legitimately. It's all good. I'll finish up the run, kill Sif, beat Anor Londo again and call it a day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:15 am

It's funny, I realized after I got the plat that I could have had it with no cheats/exploits twice as fast.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:09 pm

i'm not going for the plat.

after i beat the game it's going on craigslist with the guide for around $70.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:53 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
It's funny, I realized after I got the plat that I could have had it with no cheats/exploits twice as fast.

Cheatin' ain't easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:54 pm

I know, right?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:31 pm

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:58 pm

Uhhh ohh. The red dragon is not there when I go up to the tower to shoot his wing. He is there when I am below him. I put about 500 arrows into him and only brought him down about half way.

I was going to wait until the gate below him gets opened and maybe I can snipe his head from below for a better return on arrow investment (and time).

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:27 pm

It's completely glitchy. I just kept running up and down the steps until he reappeared. Btw...did you get my happy bday PSN message Mule?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:56 pm

No, I did not notice it. I will look today.

So sometimes he will be there? Do you mean you keep going up and down the stairs of the tower?

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Yeah, he should come back eventually. If you run down the stairs to where you would access the sunlight altar and bonfire, you should hear him and see his shadow on the wall. Run back up and look out there and he may be visible. I couldn't give you a rhyme or reason for it though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:31 pm

I'd also throw in going down the ladder to where the rats where that leads under the bridge. It happened to me in NG+. It's wonky, but he'll eventually show up there for you to one-shot.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 am

I went up and down at least 30 times. No dragon. How many times did it take you?

For those that did not cheat, I am like the value of the forest guys in NG+. Right now I can level up with just 2 run throughs

I am not liking that my devine 10+ gargoyle tail ax takes 3 strikes to kill a tree guy. I think I need to up my strength so I can use some heavier and innately more powerful weapons. I am a thief and my strength has always been a little suspect.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:20 am

Mule, I'd wait until the patch goes live. It's supposed to help strengthen the stat effects on certain weapons. Right now, the edge is given to elemental effects (i.e., lightning, fire, etc.). Once the patch goes live, your divine axe may be more powerful.

That said, and before I started cheating, I pumped a lot of levels into strength. I had it up to 32 before I went to the Dark Side.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:38 am

same... before cheating i was all str, dex and vit and res.

i was also a thief.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Dark Souls-
Jump to: