HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Toad, since you probably have the plat req memorized, what should i worry about first playthrough?

Rather, what Should i make sure NOT to do to screw up?

NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:29 pm

There's little you need to worry about during your first playthrough. Just don't accidentally eat your boss souls. That's about all you need to worry about.

As long as you realize you're going to need every spell, miracle, and pyromancy...you're set. You will need to consult a guide to determine how to do so as certain actions trigger spell merchants to be where they should or not.

Since 2.5 playthroughs are required (i.e., you need Sif's soul 3 times), you can pretty much do everything you need to if you screwed it up in a previous playthrough.

Ultimately, consulting a trophy guide is almost a requirement for this game....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:31 pm

Boo, I was hoping there wouldn't be reading.

I guess I'm asking if there's certain thing that i need that might not be triggered by doing things wrong.

Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Mark Sporto wrote:
i just got to anus londo last night.

btw, iron golem went down in like 12 hits with the black knight halberd... Laughing

Rolling Eyes

Must be real challenging at level 711. Loser.

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:39 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
Mark Sporto wrote:
i just got to anus londo last night.

btw, iron golem went down in like 12 hits with the black knight halberd... Laughing

Rolling Eyes

Must be real challenging at level 711. Loser.

challenging? not too bad...

fun turning the table on the bad guys? TOTALLY!!!

tongue

psn: matzira
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Cheater.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:39 am

Killed Bed of Chaos and got my final pyromancy last night! 2 more Eyes of Death and 5 more Souvenirs... I farmed the three frogs at the beginning of the Great Hollow last night. Had the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring on and 30 humanities. I probably farmed them 15 times. 0 drops.

Pro-tip: Before tackling Demon Ruins, make sure a Chaos Servant and feed the Daughter of Chaos 40 humanities to get up to +2 in the covenant. That shortcut that opens up cuts out a huge chunk of the game. You don't have to fight the Firesage or the Lava Centipede guy. You also get to skip all of the muppet creatures from Labyrinth that jump up in down in the lava.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:31 am

An odd thing happened to me last night that I think may have had something to do with my lack of an internet connection. I tried starting DaS up five times and each time it froze before even getting to the status bar about trophy syncing and retrieving save data. The sixth time worked, but I was a little worried....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:16 am

Has there been a patch? I have not been forced to update anything.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:27 am

I don't think it's live in the US yet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:16 am

I've enjoyed grinding out for all my items and souls and what not. I managed all my souvenirs, eyes, pyromancies, etc. this run, and only missing a couple miracles that I'll get next week. Right now I'm just upgrading a bunch of weapons to +10 before I start NG+.

I'm also going around killing all the NPCs and getting their loot and humanity! bwhahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:45 am

frankthetoad wrote:
Cheater.

if i can't play with my nom warriors, i'm going to cheat my balls off. especially when dickbags are invading me and stuff.

psn: matzira
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:16 am

Cheaters Unite!!!!

Hoping to finish this today. I about to go home so my wife can go to work at 1. Logan's still sick, and I'll get home when he goes down for his nap. Going to go through the pain and agony of farming those damn eyes and souvenirs. Until my internetz get fixed, I can only get souvenirs from the harpies.... It's going to blow goats.

But after that, it will be a whirlwind rush through Tomb of Giants and Duke's Archive/Crystal Caves.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:25 am

Just read that there's a glitch with the Crystal Ring Shield. The damage the rings the shield fires off is calculated by doubling the max damage your equipped right hand weapon deals. That. Is. Insane. Rocking this shield tonight. It'll be doing 1000 damage per ring!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:37 am

frankthetoad wrote:
Just read that there's a glitch with the Crystal Ring Shield. The damage the rings the shield fires off is calculated by doubling the max damage your equipped right hand weapon deals. That. Is. Insane. Rocking this shield tonight. It'll be doing 1000 damage per ring!

I am slow. Can you explain that in terms I would understand.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:11 am

I never saw it shoot anything. It was just like a buzz saw and never did damage unless I was right in front of a guy. In that case, it was super slow and left me open to attack far too long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Got all of the Eyes of Death but still need 1 Souvenir. Did 62 farming runs. Shoot me now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Where is this farming taking place?

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:11 pm

Painted World for the Souvenirs and Great Hollow for the Eyes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Toad spending days farming rare drops? PRICELESS

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:22 pm

It'd never happen. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Cheaters never win. Got my tenth Souvenir, went back to Gwyndolin, dropped them all, ranked up...but didn't get the miracle! Someone had already dropped me the darkmoon talisman, so I think the game thought I already had both.

Pdissed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:43 pm

eeek.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Going to reload my last cloud save after I get the alternate ending trophy tonight. I'll have to farm both eyes and souvenirs again, but it's better than starting a new character and getting every miracle again. I hope it works.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Is there any reason why I should not kill a vendor after I have bought everything (eg, the pyromancy dude in firelink shrine)?

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Dark Souls-
Jump to: