The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas

Go down 
+6
fourthplace
TyrantII
bdwright77
frankthetoad
AlphaShepherd
Rooksarii
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
fourthplace
Bieber Fanboy
fourthplace

Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas   Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:46 pm

Has anyone actually put points INTO resistance?
I noticed your def. and everything pretty much goes up when a stat point is put into virtually anything else - but I haven't put a single point into it...

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas   Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:15 am

I never put anything into Resistance. As you mentioned, most other stats will dump a few points in there. As long as you're wearing the right armor for the environment you're in, and have a few of the right consumables for whatever ailment might befall you in the place you're trekking through...you should be fine.

I would argue that absolute best armor in the game can be had immediately after ringing the second bell. Right past the Ceaseless Discharge at the beginning of Demon's Ruins is a big chest with the Gold-Hemmed Robes. Ceaseless won't even attack you until you pick up these items. You don't even have to fight it if you don't want to.

These robes are ridiculously light. The only armor to have better defense against poison, fire, lightning, magic, etc. is Havel's armor. And unless you have Havel's ring or a ridiculously high endurance, you're going to exceed your 50% equip burden wearing his armor.

Until I got past level 100 I almost exclusively wore the gold-hemmed robes. Now I mainly wear Havel's armor. If I'm using a big weapon, I'll usually wear the gold-hemmed skirt with Havel's breastplate and gauntlets.

All of this was a long way to say- screw resistance. Get your resistance through the armor you wear.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas   Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:10 am

I am a big fan of pyromancy. It is the strongest weapon I have. So consider attunement so you can have more slots for fire weapons. You will be happy later in the game if you have some good pyromancy.
Back to top Go down
fourthplace
Bieber Fanboy
fourthplace

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas   Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:54 am

Frank, thanks for the heads up/tip - I'll be sure to check that out when I get there!
I'm also a fan of that Grim Reaper looking armor I constantly see in YouTube videos, not sure where to get that though, looks badass!

Gonzo, that's probably my next class!
That, or some crazy vit/resistance faith build.

Since you're past 100 frank, what do your stats look like now?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas   Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:05 pm

The gold-hemmed robe is the grim reaper outfit.
Back to top Go down
fourthplace
Bieber Fanboy
fourthplace

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas   Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 1:11 pm

YESS!! CAN'T WAIT!!
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas   Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:24 pm

Ugh, upgraded my lighting spear to +4 but should have waited... wasted titaniate chunks on it.

Apparently upgrading Ricard's rapier to +10, then ascending it to +4-5 lighting does almost 1200 critical damage in one shot! Lots of other fun lighting weapons too!

stupid...stupidd

Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas   Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:57 am

fourthplace wrote:
Has anyone actually put points INTO resistance?
I noticed your def. and everything pretty much goes up when a stat point is put into virtually anything else - but I haven't put a single point into it...

yes. but i'm going as a ninja so i'm not rolling in big armor so i loaded up my defenses some.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas   Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls Character Build Advice/Ideas
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3