The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dark Souls Resources

Go down 
+9
bdwright77
kkrambo
Rooksarii
Kekborg
AlphaShepherd
mbgonzomd
TyrantII
Re-volution
frankthetoad
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:48 am

I wish I could get to the Valley of the Drakes....but I don't have the Master Key... Mad
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:03 am

I don't eve know where it is?!?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:10 am

Down in New Londo Ruins. You go up a spiral staircase at the very beginning (right after you take the elevator down from Firelink) and there's a locked door.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:28 am

Petition : Enabling Friend CO-OP. Come and sign!

Found that on the official forums. study
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:57 pm

You guys see this yet

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:12 pm

That's awesome. Added to first post. It just goes to show you how valuable the Master Key is.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Does anyone have a Master Key I can borrow? scratch
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:21 pm

I heard the master key lets you play with your friends in mp
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:25 pm

FU!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Thriller
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Who you yelling at brotha Gunt?
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:27 pm

True Story- The brothers Gunt will NEVER fight in the same battle together
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Quote :
Master key cannot be obtained in-game. It's a starter item only. (And possible a gift item from the DS site glyph minigame, never played it so cant be sure).

The pendant is actually a huge item that progresses the story. Don't want to spoil it, but I almost wanted to reroll myself when I learned about what it did. However, given the nature of the game it's almost preferential that you play it once without it, then play it again with the pendant so you actually get more out of the story the second time you play. Helps with the replay value on a new character.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:23 am

By the way, you can kindle a bonfire up to four times to give you 20 Estus Flasks.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:25 am

toadthefrank wrote:
By the way, you can kindle a bonfire up to four times to give you 20 Estus Flasks.

Shocked

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:27 am

Can any of you give me a tutorial on upgrading weapons and armor? I never made it that far in Demons' Souls to do it.

I have 10 pieces of Titanite, I believe, and found a blacksmith who offered to upgrade my weapons and reinforce my armor. I didn't know if I should spend it on my starting Knight's armor or save it for something else, like a weapon I haven't found yet... or go back and get the Winged Spear and upgrade that, etc.

Basically I was just worried about wasting resources on gear I might outgrow soon or never use again.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:38 am

It seems a little different from Demon's Souls, but I imagine that Titanite will be in ready supply. I've been focusing my upgrades on a shield I love- Dark Hollow Shield and my the Long Bow I just found last night. As a knight who will have a lot of stats plowed into STR, I figured I wouldn't upgrade my swords yet...we'll probably keep finding rare weapons that we'd rather use now.

That said, if you do have a favorite sword, go for the upgrades! At some point...I think around +5, you'll be able to do ascension. I think you have to give the Blacksmith some kind of ember (I found one...but don't know if it's the right one). Once he has that, he'll be able to do some sort of special upgrade...up to +10, and probably with an additional stat (e.g., a magical/fire/lightning attack added to your basic attack).

I think where you need to be stingy and really think about it is when you have to start using chunks and the larger stone pieces that you find. Those will be more rare.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:44 am

So should I wait until I find the Dark Hollow shield since I rely so heavily on shields in my combat style? Right now I am using the shield I found near the chapel area. It's just a tad bit better than the Knight's shield I started with. It looks like the one that the Sun NPC knight guy is holding... the one that gives you your white soap stone.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:52 am

The shield I use is dropped by those dudes in the Burg with the spears. I think that's where I got it. I now have two, so it wasn't a rare collectible...it had to have been a drop.

I just go for shields with 100% on physical. We'll definitely be using different shields later in the game- more poison/fire/lightning resistance- but for the Undead Burg and Parish, all of the attacks are physical.

I know the shield you're talking about. The Hollow Soldier shield is better (and I may have the name wrong...I'll check tonight). It's more tear drop shaped than the one you're talking about. It's dark grey with a lowercase "t" looking pattern on the front.

There's so much more time left in this game, I'd just upgrade whatever you think will give you an edge early on. That's what it's all about. Early on in the game, the game is tough. Later on, you'll be so stacked in certain stats, it won't matter too terribly much. Plus, you'll be able to farm for stones, or souls to be shards, if you really need them.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:56 am

toadthefrank wrote:
The shield I use is dropped by those dudes in the Burg with the spears. I think that's where I got it. I now have two, so it wasn't a rare collectible...it had to have been a drop.

Do you mean the ones with the red capes that are in and around the Chapel area?

That's where I left off last night after clearing them out a couple times and haven't gotten any shield drops yet. I will need to do that area a bit more to level up though... maybe one will drop.
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:07 am

Reading up on the upgrade system, it seems like they used the DS1 system as a template in DS2 (lets call a spade a spade here, I've given up pretending that Dark isn't Demon's sequel Wink ).

The basic idea in DS1 was you could potentally make "vanilla flavored sword of yawn" better with a + value, and at a certain + value, transorm it with a different substance into a specialized weapon. Short sword up to say +3ish with sharpstone ( combinations of chunks, blocks, what have you), and then at +3, use a chunk/hunk/block of say Moonstone to change it to a +1 Cresent blade (special effects, etc).

DS2 seems to have kept the idea alive, but stripped down the waivering levels at which you can transform the generic + weapon into a special, named weapon. It is kind of nice, since in DS1, various + levels were in play. Now you know +5 and +10 are your "item milestones".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls Resources
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next