HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Dark Souls Resources

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:46 am

I saw two summoning signs last night while I was waiting for you to drop yours, Tyrant. We were also too far apart in level last night for it to work. Let's try again tonight. I need help beating the damn Capra Demon. He looks easy, but he's got two annoying dogs in there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:59 am

Here's some more info I found on another forum:

"There are a lot of threads on preparetodie.com Dark Souls official forum there, and a lot of complaints.

The current p2p servers there allow you to join a server based on your ping and location. When you log into the game it puts you into a random server. This makes co-op on Dark Souls nearly impossible (NA and EU) to join a friend or even find a friend. You basically have to disconnect from Dark Souls, restart it, go into a random server and try set up co-op again. It is all by chance that you find your friends and family. It severely restricts online interactions.

And heres the kicker, Namco/Bandai actually intended the game and servers to be this way.

"I was just on live chat with Namco Bandai support.

They said they are "aware of the issue" but the developers are unlikely to change anything because "the game is working as intended".

I was told that exiting the game and restarting it will log you in to a new server but there is no way to guarantee you will be placed on the same one as a friend.

They also said they will pass along my complaint and if I wanted to escalate it to send an e-mail to support@namcobandaigames.com.

So I would encourage everyone to go to http://support.namcobandaigames.com/ and click "live support", make your feelings known to them and tell them you will return the game if they don't fix this. Ask them specifically to pass your complaint on to the developers." - stateside (Dark Souls player)"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:06 am

How incredibly, stupendously, monumentally stupid is it to make a multiplayer game that you cannot play with your friends.

I understand this whole "vision" of the game atmosphere. To make you feel isolated in this desolate world, with occasional help from friendly souls and the occasional invasion from hostile ones. Really, I do... I get it...

However that is no excuse to intentionally disallow friends to play video games together.

Put an option in the multiplayer settings of your game. Let us choose "play with friends" or "anonymously brave the world" with only strangers, or something. Put in an extra trophy or achievement or weapon that you can only get when adhering to the creator's "vision"... I don't care... but let me play the multiplayer video game I paid for with my gaming friends.

I am loving this game so far, but a large percentage of that enjoyment has been looking forward to slicing up some demons with my video game buddies.

FU!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:12 am

From the description of the convenant, doesn't the one knights start with seem like it would allow for more friends in the summoning? I get the feeling there may be a layer we or everyone in general has not yet tapped into. I at least hope that is the case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:15 am

Rooksarii wrote:
From the description of the convenant, doesn't the one knights start with seem like it would allow for more friends in the summoning? I get the feeling there may be a layer we or everyone in general has not yet tapped into. I at least hope that is the case.

It makes it easier for you to snag players (still random souls) that belong to the same covenant. i.e. you have a better chance of getting a fellow Way of the White player to join your cause... as opposed to summoning in someone who follows the Path of the Dragon, etc.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:22 am

Ahh, well that stinks....here is to hopeing though. I think I will go with the Cresent covenant myself if/when I find it...love the contract killer vibe. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:24 am

I sent my rant to the email address in Toad's post as well as their live chat. The chat was just an email as well though since there is no one there at the moment.

FU!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kekborg
Club 69!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:35 am

Is there a spot where I can drop my stuff off for safe keeping for later?

PSN - kekborg
XBL - kekborg
wii - 3936 1747 6777 5424
Mario Kart - 3781-9904-0357
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:37 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
How incredibly, stupendously, monumentally stupid is it to make a multiplayer game that you cannot play with your friends.

I understand this whole "vision" of the game atmosphere. To make you feel isolated in this desolate world, with occasional help from friendly souls and the occasional invasion from hostile ones. Really, I do... I get it...

However that is no excuse to intentionally disallow friends to play video games together.

Put an option in the multiplayer settings of your game. Let us choose "play with friends" or "anonymously brave the world" with only strangers, or something. Put in an extra trophy or achievement or weapon that you can only get when adhering to the creator's "vision"... I don't care... but let me play the multiplayer video game I paid for with my gaming friends.

I am loving this game so far, but a large percentage of that enjoyment has been looking forward to slicing up some demons with my video game buddies.

FU!

If it's not broke, don't try to fix it.

The best thing about DS was the very unique MP aspect. They might have had to tweak black phantom invasions a bit (make it harder for the BP), but everything else worked fine.

Word is a patch is on the way, so hopefully it really is just a bug issue.

I mean, otherwise this new system is apparently severely limiting even basic functions, like the comment system....

Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:38 am

Kekborg wrote:
Is there a spot where I can drop my stuff off for safe keeping for later?

You don't need to. There's no inventory limit this time around...

1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:42 am

TyrantII wrote:
Problem is, I've yet to see any soul signs, or been summoned to others worlds. No black Phantoms too. Further, no one has rated my comments, and almost all the comments I've come across are not rated either.

I'm wondering if somethings broke, or not working with the very large distances (and latency) of connections over here. Also a little worried, because it's up to FROM to fix it, but apparently Namco is handling all complaints....

I've seen soul signs. I have only been human once or twice though, which is the only time you can see them.

I have never rated a comment yet because I never wanted to fork over 100 souls for the orange soap stone yet. There have been several comments I wanted to rate, but you can't unless you have that orange stone.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kekborg
Club 69!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:43 am

But doesn't carrying all that stuff slow you down if your endurance is up to par?

PSN - kekborg
XBL - kekborg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:43 am

Kekborg wrote:
But doesn't carrying all that stuff slow you down if your endurance is up to par?

Nope. The only thing that can slow you down is the stuff you are wearing on your body. You have a limitless, zero weight magic backpack apparently. study

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kekborg
Club 69!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:45 am

Fuhk, I dropped a bunch of stuff last night trying to lighten the load. Finally jacked up my endurance but it must be that farking axe that is weighing me down.

PSN - kekborg
XBL - kekborg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kekborg
Club 69!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:46 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
Here is a tip from the Wiki on how to obtain the Flying Dragon Sword. It has 200 attack power and only needs like 18 STR or something.

WARNING SPOILERAGE for an early area of the game, kind of. I'm sure everyone has probably gotten to this point already though:

Did this last night. Got the sword, but the dragon is still alive. Only took me roughly 45 arrows and maybe 10-15 minutes. That sword kicks azz and it's probably best the dragon is still alive so I can farm souls there.

PSN - kekborg
XBL - kekborg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:47 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
Kekborg wrote:

Nope. The only thing that can slow you down is the stuff you are wearing on your body. You have a limitless, zero weight magic backpack apparently. study

This.

Can't believe they fundamentally changed online, then took away the carry limit! Item management was just another stone in the wall of how hard DS was. Finding and keeping the right equipment for the right situations.

Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:50 am

Kekborg wrote:
Fuhk, I dropped a bunch of stuff last night trying to lighten the load. Finally jacked up my endurance but it must be that farking axe that is weighing me down.

If it's makes you feel better, dropped items have a chance to turn into Vagrants; randomly spawned NPC Black Phantoms, whose difficulty are based on how long you items were left there a reward something similar to what you dropped.

1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:50 am

Kekborg wrote:
Did this last night. Got the sword, but the dragon is still alive. Only took me roughly 45 arrows and maybe 10-15 minutes. That sword kicks azz and it's probably best the dragon is still alive so I can farm souls there.

Me too. It's only his tail that gets farked up. I was farming souls there last night after I got the sword. Since I have armor and a shield I can just run up the stairs all the way, do a 3 Stooges shuffle on the bridge with my shield up and let the dragon toast everyone including me. I still have enough health left to get back down the stairs before he fries me a second time. What a Face

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:16 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
Kekborg wrote:

Me too. It's only his tail that gets farked up. I was farming souls there last night after I got the sword. Since I have armor and a shield I can just run up the stairs all the way, do a 3 Stooges shuffle on the bridge with my shield up and let the dragon toast everyone including me. I still have enough health left to get back down the stairs before he fries me a second time. What a Face

There are reports that you can one shot kill that dragon with an arrow. You have to go up the tower (near the metal boar) with one of those Dark Knights. After you kill him, all you supposedly have to do is shoot an arrow at the dragon's wing, he flies off, then you get the death sound and 10,000 souls.

I tried taking out that knight last night with no success. Imma make him my bitch tonight.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:17 am

Poor dragon. Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:17 am

Thriller

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:21 am

It's a DRAKE!

Mule's Spoon Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:28 am

.....and you can appearently sell stuff Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:36 am

Have you guys been to the drake valley yet?

Spoiler:

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:41 am

Poor DRAKE. Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile