The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Go down 
+19
Beans
mbgonzomd
Smitty
pdiss88
Trilic
Rooksarii
_Meta_
beedubs
bdwright77
Huge Knutz
Jay_mb
Tez
Re-volution
frankthetoad
AlphaShepherd
TyrantII
Mark Sporto
gordho
JD23
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:01 am

i cleared out embershire cave and bleak falls barrow.

i have to say the puzzles in bleak falls were pretty solid.

also, toad, have you found any ruined books yet? Laughing
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:05 am

Mark Sporto wrote:
i cleared out embershire cave and bleak falls barrow.

i have to say the puzzles in bleak falls were pretty solid.

also, toad, have you found any ruined books yet? Laughing

I did those two as well and that's where I had to shut down last night.

I love how the skill tree system in this game works. It makes you agonize over where to put that one point. Laughing
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:07 am

Like I told you the other day, I feel like you in FO3. I search every shelf, chest, etc. It seems like there is so much more stuff in Skyrim. I very quickly became overburdened. I'm going to try and save up 5k gold to buy my house near Dragonreach.

Pro-tip: All Skill books will have a value of at least 50....but not all books with a value over 50 are skill books. It at least helps cut down which books you pick up and read.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:11 am

oh, you aren't kidding. i was examining every little aspect of each attribute. i finally decided that i'm going to alternate sneak, lockpick and archery.

knutz, where did you find the sneak attack gear?
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:15 am

frankthetoad wrote:
Like I told you the other day, I feel like you in FO3. I search every shelf, chest, etc. It seems like there is so much more stuff in Skyrim. I very quickly became overburdened. I'm going to try and save up 5k gold to buy my house near Dragonreach.

Pro-tip: All Skill books will have a value of at least 50....but not all books with a value over 50 are skill books. It at least helps cut down which books you pick up and read.

Do you guys actually read any of the books? I read the first page of one, then flipped through another 13 pages, then vowed to never do that again.

Last edited by mbgonzomd on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:20 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
Do you guys actually read any of the books? I read the first page of one, then flipped through another 13 pages, then vowed to never to that again.

Same. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:21 am

sometimes i do. i read "thief" and "warrior" and they were both pretty interesting.

also, sometimes books will give you hints on what to do, where to go, what to look for.

but mostly, they are solely there to provide a history of the everything going on.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:23 am

hey alpha, how about we set up a skyrim alongside the dark souls area?

seems like there are a lot of aspects that we should separate into individual topics.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:24 am

There must be thousands of books in this game. And that's not an exaggeration. Some of them have over 20 pages. The realization that they wrote every word is pretty impressive. That's a pretty good indication of their attention to detail. They've truly created an enormous story.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:25 am

Mark Sporto wrote:

seems like there are a lot of aspects that we should separate into individual topics.
This!!! Just stick it under the Dark Souls subforum...I can maintain it.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:27 am

frankthetoad wrote:
Mark Sporto wrote:

Suspect

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:35 am

Mark Sporto wrote:
frankthetoad wrote:
Mark Sporto wrote:

Suspect

Roger roger.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:35 am

Mark Sporto wrote:
frankthetoad wrote:
Mark Sporto wrote:

Suspect

I thought I did a decent job with DS. No abuse of my powers... cyclops
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:38 am

frankthetoad wrote:
Mark Sporto wrote:
frankthetoad wrote:
Mark Sporto wrote:

Suspect

I thought I did a decent job with DS. No abuse of my powers... cyclops

you changed the title of the "dark souls for weiners" thread... Suspect
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:39 am

Moved to the new area. Robe & Wizard Hat
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:41 am

Woohoo!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:02 am

Just heard from my Xbox buddy, the main story line quest bugged out on him at 26-28 hours in. He was supposed to talk to some guy at the mage's college. He goes up to him and pushes the button to initiate the dialogue but nothing happens. He's reloaded, left and came back, completed other quests first, etc. etc. He said he's just going to do side quests and work on skills and hope it gets fixed in a patch soon.

Keep some save games with some distance in them I guess.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:31 pm

Last night I made the mistake of trying to take on this giant looking golem thing. I was on the way to the barrow (2nd dungeon) and saw a huge bonfire off in the distance. Then some giant thing stands up, so I summon my familiar and sick him on it.

It kills him with one shot.

So I figure I'm tougher than that and go after it.

It kills me in one shot.

It swung some big mace and launched me through the air. Ded. Laughing
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Yeah, it's taken me a while to get back in the habit of saving before I walk up to something. Had a few Mad moments last night when I died and lost a ton of progress. 120 saves, here we come!!!
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:15 pm

After killing my first dragon I was

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Mark Sporto wrote:
oh, you aren't kidding. i was examining every little aspect of each attribute. i finally decided that i'm going to alternate sneak, lockpick and archery.

knutz, where did you find the sneak attack gear?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:17 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
After killing my first dragon I was

Spoiler:

she should have been at the entrance to the castle where you were named. She is good, but since I am a sneak I dont bring her on all the missions because she just ends up giving my possition away. She can come for slash and gab type missions. Sometimes I dont like her ton thou...ill probably end up stabbing her in the back sometime FTW

Im finding archery is a great thing to level up. It can get really powerful and is a great way to covertly take out gaurds. If you enchant a bow with soul capture you can easily fill your soul gems from a distance if your arrows are powerful enough. Also my favorite kill so far came from a point blank flaming arrow to the head of someone while they slept.

I have issues...i know.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:29 pm

lol!

i had a sweet arrow kill in bleak falls. a draughter came around the corner and i let one go in his throat...

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:30 pm

I haven't tried a bow in this game yet. I'll have to shoot off a few arrows tonight. I prefer ranged attacks.
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:44 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
I haven't tried a bow in this game yet. I'll have to shoot off a few arrows tonight. I prefer ranged attacks.

ill warn you that it sucks to start, but it can get supper powerful, you can zoom, and even slow time when you zoom with time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Page 13 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next