HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tez
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:41 pm

bdwright77 wrote:

I also was going to mention Fallout 3, but figured Tez would refute it because he probably snuck through the whole gaming putting grenades in people's underwear.

Pretty much. I treated Fallout 3 as The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion: Apocalypse.

(Because that's what it was)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:09 am

Mark Sporto wrote:

don't forget, mr. run ahead and kill stuff without waiting on your squad, i have rpg OCD and am very meticulous about looking at every little thing i find. i prefer to prepare my character to go into a fight knowing full well that the enemies don't have a chance. at the same time i like to do that with one of the weaker skills, a'la my archer build. so the challenge is still there, but i pour more of my time into building my dude's skills.

whatever, i hate you guys so much. [/cartman]

Hanging out in the shoe store trying to turn your purple boots pink...doesn't a meticulous run-through of an RPG make.

Suspect

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:45 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
Mark Sporto wrote:

don't forget, mr. run ahead and kill stuff without waiting on your squad, i have rpg OCD and am very meticulous about looking at every little thing i find. i prefer to prepare my character to go into a fight knowing full well that the enemies don't have a chance. at the same time i like to do that with one of the weaker skills, a'la my archer build. so the challenge is still there, but i pour more of my time into building my dude's skills.

whatever, i hate you guys so much. [/cartman]

Hanging out in the shoe store trying to turn your purple boots pink...doesn't a meticulous run-through of an RPG make.

Suspect

my boots were already that color when i looted them. tongue

psn: matzira
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:59 pm

queen

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:43 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
- The online elements are very similar to Demon's Souls. There is cooperative and PvP.
- You can still leave messages, and see players who died at various places.
- There will be no Soul Tendency this time because they don't want to have to use dedicated servers to handle that **** again.
- Instead this time there will be more features allowing players to engage in "mutual role playing" which they say are still under wraps. They'll reveal more when it's time.

I don't think I actually read this part the first time around. I'm getting more and more pumped for this game. I loved the messages and other player "death hints". I'm also glad that we won't have to employ our Calculus textbooks to figure out world/character tendency.

I just pray that they add voice chat this go around. If they do, this may be the only game I ever play.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:56 pm

An article about Dark Souls being released on the X360. I've bolded the part that scares me a little:

Last week, Namco Bandai and From Software announced that the spiritual sequel to cult classic PS3 exclusive Demon's Souls will be released this year. Oh, and it'll make you scream, yell and be frustrated too.

Action RPG Demon's Souls was a difficult game indeed, but Dark Souls director Hidetaka Miyazaki is committed to making the new game - now set for release on Xbox 360 alongside Sony's box - even tougher.

It's literally a difficult challenge to balance and the From Software team has already axed some Dark Souls content deemed too tough.

We managed to get some face time with Miyazaki-san last week and ask him about his quest to make us shout and scream, the challenges of taking the title multiplatform, and whether Xbox 360 owners will need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to see those online ghosts.

Demon's Souls reached cult status among PS3 users. Why did you decide to ditch the Demon's Souls name and work with Namco Bandai?

What we want to make clear is that this isn't actually a sequel to Demon's Souls, we're treating this as a brand new game created by the same director and producer. The base concept and themes are similar but the story and a lot of the game features have been recreated so that we can present this as a brand new title. It's a new game on its own.

Difficulty is of course a big part of Demon's Souls and you've said you're ramping it up even further for Dark Souls. How much more difficult is it?

It's hard to define how much more difficult it will be, but my goal is to make it as difficult as possible (laughs), but obviously make it possible for players to complete the level and the game.

I want users to feel rewarded when they conquer a mission. A theme we constantly use is 'try to make it as spicy as possible but let the people eat it and feel that it tastes good', that's an analogy we use.

Have you axed any traps or enemies that you thought maybe went a bit too far?

Yes, actually there was a lot that was too difficult and we had to pull. You may not believe it but there are things that are a bit too spicy, aspects that prevent you from eating it (laughs). We're trying to avoid those.

We have some set rules that we use to define difficulty, anything that doesn't abide by those definitions isn't included. This is to stay with the core ideas and philosophies relating to the difficulties of the game.

A good example is the player's skill level, reflexes and control is something we don't want to make a large factor that contributes to the difficulty.

How would you describe Dark Souls to Xbox 360 owners who didn't experience the last game? What can they expect?

I feel that Xbox 360 users really put an emphasis on the online aspect, with things like voice chat and friends. However, though this game doesn't have some of those things, it has a very unique approach and I'm looking forward to some of the feedback that Xbox 360 players will provide when they try the new network system and have a new online experience. I'm looking forward to letting Xbox users discover something new.

Do you have a beta or demo for Xbox 360 planned?

Unfortunately there isn't a plan to release a demo for a couple of reasons. The game requires a lot of patience and time to complete missions and conquer the game. The game isn't meant for a demo so I don't intend to release one.

When demos are released I feel there's a specific way it must be built compared to the actual game. I'm still not sure what that demo should include or how it should be formatted so as a creator I don't feel prepared or ready to create a demo that users can be satisfied with. There's also just not enough time.

Do you think the difficulty would scare people off in a demo too?

I'd hope not. It's not my intention to scare people away. I want satisfaction and happiness from being able to conquer that difficulty. The truth is people may get scared away because the game is difficult, but I'm hoping the rewards would counteract that if a demo was released.

Will Xbox 360 users have to be paid Gold subscribers to see the unique aspects of Dark Souls' single-player online hooks?

That's a difficult question. We're trying to figure out how to provide the same network functions as the PS3. My intent is not to take money from the users unless it is absolutely necessary to provide features. That's a difficult question to answer at the moment but the point is not to make any profit off the network and provide the same experience.

Are you finding it a challenge to bring those online features that were developed for the PS3 to the Xbox 360 then?

Not necessarily. The ultimate goal is to provide the same experience with just simply a different controller that users are used to using. The technical difficulties are there but I don't find it to be a barrier.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Xbox 360 version for me it is then.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:05 pm

I would find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have voice chat....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:15 pm

So he's implying that the PS3 version won't have... friends...? scratch

Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Whatever happens....it will be awesome.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:31 pm

It certainly sounds like they are keeping the potential to lose hours of effort in the game with their severe death penalty though. For those that don't mind that... more power to them. Enjoy. As for me, no matter what platform I might consider it on, I think I'll wait and see if Matz throws his controller into the drywall first before I make my purchase decision.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:50 pm

frankthetoad wrote:

the implication that there may not be voice chat begs to differ.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:57 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
It certainly sounds like they are keeping the potential to lose hours of effort in the game with their severe death penalty though. For those that don't mind that... more power to them. Enjoy. As for me, no matter what platform I might consider it on, I think I'll wait and see if Matz throws his controller into the drywall first before I make my purchase decision.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Mark Sporto wrote:
frankthetoad wrote:

the implication that there may not be voice chat begs to differ.
While I'd definitely prefer for it to have VC, I still think it will be epic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Couldn't find the Xperia Play thread anywhere because our search feature sucks bolls, so I thought I'd post here and give bp a seizure.

I won't be getting the phone, but these commercials are freakin' hilarious:
http://recombu.com/news/latest-xperia-play-advert-features-kristen-schaal-playing-with-herself_M13673.html

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:45 pm

thanks for ruining the thread!

Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:45 pm

FU!

NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:22 pm

I thought it was pretty funny. Along with not finding the PSPhone thread, I truly was wondering if there was any new information about Dark Souls. Figured a fist pump to this thread might get some folks posting some new tidbits...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:29 pm

There's some sweet new screens, but I coudn't be bothered to steal them, upload and post em here. The art direction is pretty much in line with DS but bigger and more epic.

Not much unfortunately.

Mule's Spoon Boy

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:04 am

When is it coming out again? Last I heard it was summer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:13 am

As long as it releases before the end of a rotation on the Mayan calendar....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeminiEffect
Mule's Spoon Boy

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:25 am

Yeah, that helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:32 pm

New screen shots
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:46 pm

WTH is that thing?!

NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:55 pm

giant metal pumba.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Dark Souls-
Jump to: